FPW 2.6 Creating an EXE w/ NT 4.0

Post by Tom Bellme » Wed, 14 May 1997 04:00:00

Apparently due to NT's multi-tasking / multi-threading
abilities I am no longer able to create executables (EXE)
from FPW 2.6 under NT 4.0.  This is because during the
compression routine FPW 2.6 thinks that the compression
jobs will be performed sequentially but NT 4.0 attempts
to do as many simultaneously as possible.  This results
in the peculiar error message - "not enough memory".
FYI I have 72 MB of RAM.

Does anyone on this great listserver have an exact solution
to this problem?  M$ is aware of it but of course does not
plan on fixing it since it is not the current release of the
product.  Unfortunately, the clients that will be using the EXE
are using Win 3.1 with anywhere from 4 to 16 MB of RAM.
Besides, I would rather distribute 2 disks in FPW 2.6 than
approximately 7 in VFP 5.0 (I do however use and like VFP 5.0).

Tom Bellmer
_______________________
Tom Bellmer
Olathe, KS

1. FPW 2.6 Query Page Preview with NT 4.0

I am running NT 4.0 Workstation as my OS. When I do a query in Foxpro and
wish to do a Page Preview before printing out, the print is so small that I
am unable to read it even when I zoom in. I have opened the Report and
change the font size, but it seems the font size in Page Preview is fixed. I
have had no problem with this when Win95.  Can anyone give me any clues as
to how I might be able to properly view the report in Page Preview. Thanks.
Jack

2. Java vs C++ for database project

3. GPF printing FPW 2.6 on-the-fly report in NT 4.0

4. Data control problem

5. FPW 2.6 Setup Wizard and NT 4.0

6. Sessions, Pageviews, Queries...

7. FPW 2.6 on NT 4.0?

8. Sybase and Multi Threading

9. FPW 2.6 and NT 4.0 - watch out!

10. fpw 2.6 - exe runs on one machine, not another

11. FPW 2.6 EXE Freezes Windows??

12. Building .exe problem in fpw 2.6 !

13. FPW 2.6 EXE in Win95