OMNIS 7 and ShowCase VISTA

Post by Chua Mui Ng » Sat, 30 Apr 1994 00:19:28

Anybody knows where I can get information on OMNIS 7 and ShowCase VISTA? I
know that OMNIS 7 is from Bylth Software but I do not have their fax number.
As for ShowCase Vista, no clue at all.

Thanks in advance,
Mui Ngoh

OMNIS 7 and ShowCase VISTA

--
!wq
Blyth Software US and Canadian Sales Fax Number is (415) 571-1132

Blyth Software International Sales Fax Number is (081) 346-1716
Mailing Address and Phone for International Sales: Unitec House 2 Albert
Place Finchley Central London N3 1QB England.  Phone (081) 346-9999
Freephone 0800 289621

Hope it helps!

1. The great Java showcase (re: 2nd historic mistake)

[ Article reposted from comp.object,comp.software-eng,comp.lang.ada,comp.lang.eiffel,comp.lang.java.tech,comp.lang.c++ ]
[ Author was Ell ]
[ Posted on 17 Sep 1997 13:01:43 GMT ]

:
: >
: > I am of the mind that we engineers should be finding
: > out what it is people want and need.

: Hear, bloody hear!
:
: I'd add, however, that we engineers may be able to _implement_ what the
: user wants better than the user.

Certainly in general that's true - we have the training and experience
creating software they don't.

: In other words, given accurate
: knowledge of what their needs and wants are, we can come up with a
: solution that satisfies those things which may actually be different
: from what the user would suggest.

They probably don't even suggest an "implementation".  But what I'm saying
is developers are looney tunes if in general they don't implement the app
*as a closely as possible* to the domain model.  In other words, they
should attempt to preserve as much traceability as possible between
physical implementation and the domain object model.

The benefit of doing so is increased intuitiveness and understanding for
other initial developers and for enhancement/maintenance developers.
Those are the major wins and goals of OO modelling - greater intuitiveness
and understandability, both of the domain and the implementation.

Elliott
--
"The domain object model is the foundation of OOD."
"We should seek out proven optimal practices and use them."

--
"The domain object model is the foundation of OOD."
"We should seek out proven optimal practices and use them."
See SW Modeller vs SW Pragmatist Central: http://www.access.digex.net/~ell

2. How to append to a text file when exporting using DTS

3. OpenView Forum 1995 Technologies Showcase

4. FindFirst

5. Data Warehousing Product Showcase

6. Information Modeling Languages

7. Data Warehouse Summit and Free Product Showcase

8. How to match upper/lower case in SQL Server7.0

9. ESSBASE / SHOWCASE JOB OPENING

10. Attention: ShowCase STRATEGY Users

11. Impromptu vs Showcase ..

12. Data Warehousing Product Showcase

13. MicroStrategy features compared to Hyperion/Showcase