Connect MS SQL Server vai Internet using TCP/IP in the client side

Connect MS SQL Server vai Internet using TCP/IP in the client side

Post by Johnny Yeu » Wed, 01 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Can anyone show me the steps to connect MS SQL Server via Internet
using TCP/IP protocol in the client side ? So that, I can use MS Query
or ISQL_W to retrieve the records.

I've tested the connection is failure when there is a Firewall before
the MS SQL Server (That means, it is ok when no firewall exist). I am
sure that I've added and opened the port (e.g. 1433) for MS SQL
Server, but the error is still exist when using ISQL_W or via the
ODBC.

Please help and describe in details.

Thanks
Johnny

Please reply to newsgroup directly or click the following email
address.

1. Connect MS SQL Server vai Internet using TCP/IP in the client side

Can anyone show me the steps to connect MS SQL Server via Internet
using TCP/IP protocol in the client side ? So that, I can use MS Query
or ISQL_W to retrieve the records.

I've tested the connection is failure when there is a Firewall before
the MS SQL Server (That means, it is ok when no firewall exist). I am
sure that I've added and opened the port (e.g. 1433) for MS SQL
Server, but the error is still exist when using ISQL_W or via the
ODBC.

Please help and describe in details.

Thanks
Johnny

Please reply to newsgroup directly or click the following email
address.

2. unattended installation of MSSQL Server 2000 Standart, using per processor licensing.

3. SQL Server Connect thru internet with TCP/ip, using MFC ODBC classed

4. Help me choose the right database server.

5. Connecting to SQL port 1433 using TCP/IP only (no SQL client)

6. PASS-sponsored chat on "Application Development - Using ADO, ADOMD and XML with SQL Server"

7. PRB Connecting to SQL Server over the internet TCP/IP

8. California - Oracle DBA

9. Connecting to sql server over the internet only tcp/ip

10. Connecting to a SQL Server via internet, TCP/IP

11. Cannot connect to SQL Server using tcp/ip

12. Connect to SQL Server using Tcp/ip

13. Newbie connecting to MS SQL Server using MS Access as client