Screen Display from FoxBase to FoxPro

Post by Dean » Tue, 24 Aug 1999 04:00:00

This is probably in the FAQ if I could only get a copy of the darn FAQ.

I've inherited a legacy application with FoxBase 2.x source code that
the developer used the following to display some background screens.
CLEAR
*
TEXT
?
?                              o
1
1
o SRepId                   o                   o Percent
Active    o
?
ENDTEXT

Yeah, the world was younger then.
Anyways if you type this out in MS-DOS, it displays correctly,
in Win9x/NT & VFP it gets the garbage characters above.

How do I get this to display properly without a lot of coding.

Thanks,

Dean.

Screen Display from FoxBase to FoxPro

Post by Alexandre Pechtchans » Wed, 25 Aug 1999 04:00:00

[ Courtesy cc'ed through e-mail to the quoted author ]

Quote:>This is probably in the FAQ if I could only get a copy of the darn FAQ.

>I've inherited a legacy application with FoxBase 2.x source code that
>the developer used the following to display some background screens.
>CLEAR
>*
>TEXT
>?
>?                              o
>1
>1
>o SRepId                   o                   o Percent
>Active    o
>?
>ENDTEXT

>Yeah, the world was younger then.
>Anyways if you type this out in MS-DOS, it displays correctly,
>in Win9x/NT & VFP it gets the garbage characters above.

>How do I get this to display properly without a lot of coding.

>Thanks,

If you are trying to run it in DOS window under Windows 9x/NT, modify shortcut
(.PIF) properties so that it uses MS LineDraw font.

[ When replying, remove *'s from address ]
Alexandre Pechtchanski, Systems Manager, RUH, NY

Screen Display from FoxBase to FoxPro

Post by Michael Mega » Wed, 25 Aug 1999 04:00:00

If its VFP then you try :

_screen.fontname = 'Foxfont'
_screen.fontsize = 10

near the beginning of your program.  This should make things look like
the old DOS screens.  You will need to have the Foxfont font installed
on  the user's computer.  Foxfont comes with all the windows versions of
foxpro (at least up to 5) and was designed to display the old fox dos
screens.

Hope this helps.

Michael Megan

Post by Giovanni Tur » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

[ Courtesy cc'ed through e-mail to the quoted author ]

Quote:>This is probably in the FAQ if I could only get a copy of the darn FAQ.

>I've inherited a legacy application with FoxBase 2.x source code that
>the developer used the following to display some background screens.
>CLEAR
>*
>TEXT
>?
>?                              o
>1
>1
>o SRepId                   o                   o Percent
>Active    o
>?
>ENDTEXT

>Yeah, the world was younger then.
>Anyways if you type this out in MS-DOS, it displays correctly,
>in Win9x/NT & VFP it gets the garbage characters above.

>How do I get this to display properly without a lot of coding.

>Thanks,

Open the files with the copepage parameter for DOS (437 or 850 try it
to chose the correct one) and then save the files with the Windows
codepage 1252:

modify command <prg_file> as 437

Then Save As specifying a new folder AND the CODEPAGE 1252.

Then use the new files that no more need the codepage parameter to
open and look correctly.

Anyway you must choose a font for the output window before outputting
TEXT - ENDTEXT, maybe the same font you use in the editing window.

Hope this help.
Gianni

Screen Display from FoxBase to FoxPro

Post by Dean » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for all your help everyone.

I was able to get the desired effect by the following wrapper around the
program.

DEFINE WINDOW Main2k FROM 0,0 to 26,82 in SCREEN HALFHEIGHT

ACTIVATE WINDOW Main2K
*
Do MAIN2k
*
deactivate window Main2k
=====================

1. Foxbase>Foxpro>Foxbase

Help!

My company has a proprietary inventory database which was written for
Foxbase on SCO Unix. A few years back, we ported the code to Microsoft
Foxpro for Windows 2.6. Not seamless, but effective.

We are now considering going back to unix in the form of  linux, and
we're way out of the loop...So here are my initial questions for those
of you who care to help with an answer:

1. What database programs for Linux are currently available that will
recognize and compile our old code?

2. Would we be better off porting the Foxpro Windows code, or the
original Unix Foxbase code? (only minor additions have been made since
the Windows port)

Thanks in advance,

Ken

(remove the not. in my email address if replying via email)

2. supporting multiple languages in SQLServer 7/2000

3. Differences between FoxPro, FoxBase and FoxBase+

4. Quick way to remove dupes based only on certain columns?

5. WTB: Foxbase+, FoxPro 1.0 for Win, FoxPro 2.0 for DOS, FoxPro 2.6 DOS/Win

6. TableDefs Question!!!!!

7. Q: displaying multiple screens in FoxPro version 2.5

8. read/write LONG RAW with ADO&C++

9. WTB:FoxPro 2.6 (std/pro),Foxbase+,FoxPro 2.0,VFPro 3.0

10. FoxBase+/Mac-How to rewrite screen?

11. FoxBase-reports to screen

12. Converting FoxBase SCREEN Commands to VFP

13. Screen redraw in Foxbase+/Mac