Installing IDSmail activex on users machine

Installing IDSmail activex on users machine

Post by Chris » Sat, 08 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I need to install IDSmail on a users machine via an application setup
process. I am using the VFP 6.0 Setup Wizard to build my distribution/setup
routines. Looking at the IDSmail help file, its lists approx 24 files that
need to be installed.  Am i enterpreting this incorrectly?   When in the VFP
setup wizard, i check that i am installing ACTIVEX controls and am prompted
to chose which ones.  But i dont see the IDSmail control listed.  But there
is a "dsSocket TCP/IP Control" item.  Is this it?  Has anyone in the
audience built a VFP setup routine that installs IDSmail?   If so, please
elaborate on what is required.

TIA

Post by Christian Desbours » Sun, 09 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> I need to install IDSmail on a users machine via an application setup
> process. I am using the VFP 6.0 Setup Wizard to build my distribution/setup
> routines. Looking at the IDSmail help file, its lists approx 24 files that
> need to be installed.  Am i enterpreting this incorrectly?   When in the VFP
> setup wizard, i check that i am installing ACTIVEX controls and am prompted
> to chose which ones.  But i dont see the IDSmail control listed.  But there
> is a "dsSocket TCP/IP Control" item.  Is this it?  Has anyone in the
> audience built a VFP setup routine that installs IDSmail?   If so, please
> elaborate on what is required.

Hi Chriso,

I have developed an application using IDSMail (version 5.0 currently) and
VFP5.0.
I use Wise Install Master to distribute the application and included the files
required by both IDSMail 16 and 32 bit as we had to accommodate different
versions of Lotus cc:mail and Lotus Notes. I used IDSMail Help file to
determine the list of files required.

As far as I can remember, some files present in both versions have different
version numbers in 16-bit and 32-bit IDSmail, which caused me some problems
before I realised it.

Christian Desbourse (Belgium)

1. BDE Install fails on some users machines, why?

Twice now users have tried to install the BDE on their respective
machines only to have the BDE install program fail with the message below:

"Cannot execute install.exe (or one of its components)
Check to insure that all components (instxtra.pak) are available"

Yet I have installed the BDE on a dozen other machines, from the same
files, and it works fine.  Unfortunately the two machines it fails on are
not anywhere near me, geographically speaking, so there is no way I can do
a detailed analysis of why the BDE installation fails.  As I said, it has
so far failed on only these two machines and not any others.  Anybody have
any idea why the BDE is failing to install?

It sounds like it is missing a DLL, but which one?  All of the install
files are present as far as I can determine and the user has plenty of
hard drive space for the install.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. paste in WORD

3. Install SQL 6.5 on a machine with a dash in the machine name

4. Importing ASCII files into ODBC datasource

5. Installing Replication in 6.5/Re-installing /Machine Name Change

6. union view w/ different columns ?

7. Install ORACLE8i on Win2000 machine: Install phase 2 of component

8. A many-to-many normalization challenge

9. How to Call ACTIVEX.exe component that resides on another machine

10. Getting an error when loading my ActiveX control on another machine

11. IDSMail

12. Can anyone comment on IDSMail ?