Retix

Post by Nick Osbo » Wed, 07 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Pick version 6.1.16.RS130.

When using the command list-system-errors I get an enty relating to
"retix"  can anybody help me on what this means as somebody tells me
that it is todo with automatic error fixing, and I have been losing
data recently.

In the system errors file I am also getting messages saying coldstart
after normal shutdown.  The date that corresponds to this error was a
date when I know that the system wasn't shutdown in any manner.

Can anybody help me with the above issues.

Nick Osborn

Retix

Post by Luke Webb » Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:00:00

>Pick version 6.1.16.RS130.
>When using the command list-system-errors I get an enty relating to
>"retix"  can anybody help me on what this means as somebody tells me
>that it is todo with automatic error fixing, and I have been losing
>data recently.

You've been misled. RETIX is the Pick Virtual subroutine which retrieves
an item. All item reads go through RETIX (or in some cases RETI, but
that's another story). Sounds suspiciously like a GFE.

Sorry, but I can't help with your other problem.

--
Luke Webber

* Note: The opinions expressed by Luke Webber are in no way supported *
*       by his employers, Luke Webber Consulting Services             *

Retix

Post by d. Code » Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:00:00

...When using the command list-system-errors I get an entry relating to
..."retix"  can anybody help me on what this means as somebody tells me

I occasionally get the Rextix error. It is always on my port and is usually
related to code in a CALLX file program that is broken. Definitely a case of
a write action that did not complete properly. I would recommend trying to
trace it by time and user. If you know the user you often limit the data
area to the area they are interested in. Another place I have seen this is
when I log someone off, I believe this one was related to waiting to write a
locked record.

...The date that corresponds to this error was a
...date when I know that the system wasn't shutdown in any manner.

The date (as well as most of the rest of the error data) in the
System-Errors file is contained in a long number which is the ID. The date
definition item selects a 4 digit number on some releases. Look at the
definition. List only System-Errors and look at where the number for the
date is extracted. Try moving the reference (5 digits of course) left or
right and see if you don't find a reasonable date.

Retix

Post by HEARNS19 » Sun, 11 Jan 1998 04:00:00

SOUNDS LIKE A GFE TO ME