Visual FoxPro sending faxes

Post by rri.. » Sun, 08 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Is there a way to make Visual FoxPro send reports to WinFax?  I
checked the Knowledgebase and it doesn't give me any information that
could help.

Is there any easy way to do something like:

SET PRINTER TO \\computer\winfax

Somebody I work with thinks that you have to use Visual Basic and the
WinMAPI.DLL or something like that.

Has anybody been successful in making Visual FoxPro send faxes
something like this?  Does anybody know the right syntax?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post by Anthony Shipl » Sun, 08 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>Somebody I work with thinks that you have to use Visual Basic and the
>WinMAPI.DLL or something like that.

S.he may think it but it's untrue.

Have a look at www.symantec.com and download the sdk for WinFax Pro 9 as
well as a 30 trial version of WinFax.

Quote:>Has anybody been successful in making Visual FoxPro send faxes
>something like this?  Does anybody know the right syntax?

It works nicely and will take your report by you changing to the Winfax
printer driver instead of your local printer.

anthony shipley

<math> 2 + 2 = 5 for sufficiently large values of 2</math>

Visual FoxPro sending faxes

Post by Anthony Shipl » Sun, 08 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Also have a look at
http://servicenews.symantec.com/cgi-bin/newsgroups.pl?count=50&group=...
for their peer group support ng (Not nearly as good as here but if you're
patient......)

anthony shipley

<math> 2 + 2 = 5 for sufficiently large values of 2</math>

Visual FoxPro sending faxes

Post by Anthony Shipl » Sun, 08 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Here's a list of the property settings/methods you're likely to need (but
don't expect it to make reading the sdk docco unnecessary). There is a file
on their download site that gives the text for the resulting status.:

poFax = createobject("WinFax.SDKSend")

        and poFax.SetAreaCode(Post.AreaCode) = 1

if poFax.SetTo(Post.Recipient) = 1

if poFax.SetCompany(Post.Company) = 1

and poFax.SetCoverFile(lcCoverFile) = 1

and poFax.SetCoverText(lcCoverText) = 1

        if poFax.SetDate(lcDateToSend) = 1

if poFax.SetDeleteAfterSend(1) = 1

if poFax.SetNumber(lcFaxNo) = 1

if poFax.SetOffPeak(iif(Post.OffPeak, 1, 0)) = 1

if poFax.SetPreviewFax(0) = 1

if poFax.SetPriority(lnPriority) = 1

if poFax.SetResolution(iif(Post.Resolution, 1, 0)) = 1

if poFax.ShowCallProgress(0) = 1

if poFax.SetSubject(Post.Subject) = 1

and poFax.SetTime(Post.TimeToSend) = 1 && Time to send

and poFax.SetUseCover(1) = 1

if poFax.ShowSendScreen(0) = 1

if poFax.AddRecipient = 1

if poFax.LeaveRunning = 1

if poFax.SetPrintFromApp(1) = 1

if poFax.Send(1) = 1

do while poFax.IsReadyToPrint = 0

print report here

do while poFax.IsEntryIdReady(0) <> 1

                         ,Result with poFax.GetEntryId(0)

=poFax.Done()
release poFax

* some time later, check  whether it worked or not

loLog=createobject('winfax.sdklog')
lcMsgId =  loLog.GetMessageListFirst(4,'')

        lnStatus = loLog.GetMessageStatus(lcMsgId)

        lnErrorCode = loLog.GetMessageErrorCode(lcMsgId)

        if !inlist(lnStatus, 3, 4) && 3 = Complete; 4 = Failed
                lcMsgId =  loLog.GetMessageListNext() && Get next available
log message

        lcDate = loLog.GetMessageDate(lcMsgId)

                =loLog.DeleteEventAndFiles(lcMsgId) && Delete log message

release loLog

anthony shipley

<math> 2 + 2 = 5 for sufficiently large values of 2</math>

Visual FoxPro sending faxes

Post by Sam Robbin » Sat, 14 Aug 1999 04:00:00

There was a solution to Automated Faxing published in FoxTalk June 1992. The
applet depended on sending  a
run bitfax &faxname &phoneno

command which shells to the BITFAX program supplied with many fax modems.

This was aimed at the FPW platform of course but if all else fails it could
be used with VFP I suppose

I am looking for a similar solution using Microsoft Fax that comes (free?)
with Win 95 but there does not seem to be a simple batch command and I am
not skilled in the use of MAPI. (The applet would have to work with FPW 2.6)

Any suggestions?

1. Sending fax dynamically from visual basic

This question is relevant to sending FAX directly from Visual Basic to our
customers.How to connect to fax and send fax letters to all those customers
 who are having fax numbers in our customer table by reading fax numbers
dynamically
 from database with letter content that we give in visual basic.
 Please let us know any possibilities with sample code.
 with regards,
 CASE
 Kuala Lumpur

2. Querying a Redbrick server linked to SQL server 7+

3. Send Fax with Visual Basic 5.0

4. MSSQL Stored Procedure for auto emails.

5. Sending Files to a FAX FoxPro 2.5 for Windows

6. Wise Installation Scripts - ADO2.0/VB6

7. How do you send Report to a Fax Using FoxPro 2.5 for Windows

8. How to write a Bilingual Application ??

9. Send Fax / Send Mail in FMP 4.1

10. Visual FoxPro & Microsoft Fax

11. MS Fax From Visual Foxpro

12. How Sql and a Visual FoxPro designed application send and recieve info

13. SENDING VISUAL OR (FOXPRO 2.X) REPORTS AS E-MAIL