DoubleClick Event on Grid under VFP3b

Post by John Pawli » Thu, 22 May 1997 04:00:00

I am having problem getting the doubleclick event to fire on a
query-based grid control on a form.

For some unknown reason the event doesn't fire if the cursor is in a
cell and you doubleclick.  It only fires when you scroll all the way
to the right of all the columns and double click on the row. I made
the grid read-only hoping that would solve the problem but it did not.

Basically I'm trying to display some values from a query and when the
user double clicks in the grid, a report prints out with the other
column values for that row.

Thanks in advance.

DoubleClick Event on Grid under VFP3b

Post by Craig Berntso » Thu, 22 May 1997 04:00:00

VFP is behaving correctly. The textbox has focus, hence it receives the
mouse clicks.
--
Craig Berntson
Salt Lake City Fox User Group

Quote:> I am having problem getting the doubleclick event to fire on a
> query-based grid control on a form.

> For some unknown reason the event doesn't fire if the cursor is in a
> cell and you doubleclick.  It only fires when you scroll all the way
> to the right of all the columns and double click on the row. I made
> the grid read-only hoping that would solve the problem but it did not.

> Basically I'm trying to display some values from a query and when the
> user double clicks in the grid, a report prints out with the other
> column values for that row.

> Thanks in advance.

DoubleClick Event on Grid under VFP3b

Post by Gerald E. Crossle » Sat, 24 May 1997 04:00:00

If you can use a listbox instead of a grid in your form I believe you will
be able to accomplish this task -- the listbox does not contain and other
controls (textboxes.)

Post by Rush Stro » Wed, 28 May 1997 04:00:00

>I am having problem getting the doubleclick event to fire on a
>query-based grid control on a form.

>For some unknown reason the event doesn't fire if the cursor is in a
>cell and you doubleclick.  It only fires when you scroll all the way
>to the right of all the columns and double click on the row. I made
>the grid read-only hoping that would solve the problem but it did not.

The event fires, but it fires in the cell (a textbox by default).  In order to
have the grid's DblClick event fire from a cell, put:

        this.parent.parent.DblClick()

in the DblClick event of the text box.

Hope it helps -

 - Rush

Please remove [SPAMBLOCK] from my address if replying by e-mail.

1. How to Show second form from table doubleclick event

If someone can help me with this problem i would be
gratefull,

I have an Access database with one table , the table has
approx 30 fields , one of the fields has an OLE picture file
inserted into it .
because of this picture file it is easier to view all the
records in a dbgrid (form1)that doesn't include this field ,
what i want to do is DblClick the "id" number ofa record in
form1 and to open this record up in another form (form2),
this second form is a nicer to look at windowed version with
the picture field showing etc ,

I have  written the two forms and added the links to the
database "data1.recordset" but when i have tried to set the
DblClick command to the DbGrid Table in form1, i only seem
to be able to open the form2 at "id #1" I cannot figure out
how to get the "id" of the record that is actually getting
clicked on from the table.

Hope that someone can understand my problem and possibly
help point me to a result

Steven Dowd

2. FTI: help /w compiling/installation wanted (Full Text

3. DoubleClick method within a grid

4. FMPRO & images??? If not what????

5. How to work the Grid.OnTitleClick event ?

6. Question on importing and exporting sql database to and from access

7. Events on Grid click

8. db grid : double click event

9. After column update events in data grids

10. Grid NOT responding to events!

11. Data Grid RowColChange Event