Help needed - Sybase problem

Post by Bob Cant » Sat, 26 Oct 1991 01:15:25

>On execution of a stored procedure(that was running fine all these days),
>Sybase gives
>DB_LIBRARY error:
>    Unexpected EOF from SQL Server.

>What could be the reason and how do I get rid of this? Dropping and
>re-creating the sp did not help.

>Thanks in advance

>Shiv                      | Tel: (415) 856-8000
>Software Engineer         | FAX: (415) 941-8943

>175 S. San Antonio Road   |
>Los Altos, CA 94022       |

Sounds like a Sybase problem at first cut. Check the errorlog. Otherwise, I'd
call Tech Support.
--
===============================
Bob Cantin/Fidelity Investments

Help needed - Sybase problem

Post by Shi » Fri, 25 Oct 1991 05:48:21

On execution of a stored procedure(that was running fine all these days),
Sybase gives
DB_LIBRARY error:
    Unexpected EOF from SQL Server.

What could be the reason and how do I get rid of this? Dropping and
re-creating the sp did not help.

Thanks in advance

Shiv                      | Tel: (415) 856-8000
Software Engineer         | FAX: (415) 941-8943

175 S. San Antonio Road   |
Los Altos, CA 94022       |

1. Sybase System 11 Driver problem - (Need Help)

Overview:

I am in the process of developing a HR web application that allows an
employee to maintain their educational experiences.  My web application
makes an ODBC call using the 32-bit System 11 driver (sysybnt.dll
8/12/97) to retrieve and update educational information.  My Netscape
3.0 web server and Sybase driver reside on a Windows NT 4.0 server.  The
Sybase server (11.0.3.2) is on a Sun (svr4/OS 5.4) machine.

There are 4 stored procedures on the Sybase server developed to maintain
the education experience information.

The problem:

Two of the store procedures that I attempt to execute will not return
data using the 32-bit System 11 driver.  The procedures appear to not be
able to find the information to be returned.  However, I have tested the
same procedures using ODBC and a 16-bit SQL Server driver and the
procedure works fine.  I have also tested the procedures using SQL
Advantage and WinQuery.  Both methods returned expected results.

Of the 4 stored procedures developed, 2 of the procedures work fine and
2 of the procedures cannot find the information in the database using
the 32-bit System 11 driver.  I have review the SQL contained in the
store procedures.  They all appear to be very similar.

Question:

Does anyone know why this may be happening or if there is a solution
available?

Thanks.
--
Tony Kerber
Management Methods Analyst

2. Web Datablade module?

3. ****Washington DC Metro - Sybase DBA's needed****Sybase DBA’s needed for Washington DC Metro**********

4. OpenRoad 3.5/03 to 4

5. ****Sybase DBA's needed********Sybase DBA’s needed for Washington DC Metro****

6. Patch to pg_ctl to better support paths containing

7. sybase/redhat linux 5.2 install problem- port 7100 definition - sybase-problem.doc (0/1)

8. Working with time

9. HELP!!! NEED HElp: problem with ado

10. Need help w/ dates from Sybase ASA 8.0

11. need help defining sybase as linked server...

12. URGENT Need help Out of Topic on SYBASE

13. help needed with VB 3.0 and Sybase SQLSever 10