I am starting a evaluation of commercial OO Databases and I would like
to hear from people who have or are in the process of doing similar
work. If you are actually using a commercial OODB then I
would especially like to hear from you. There are a number of
questions I have, among them are:
1) Why have you decided to (or to not) use OODB technology in your
project? Why isn't a RDBMS a satisfactory tool for your particular
2) What other OO tools or languages are you using or planning to use
with an OODB?
3) If you have chosen a particular OODB, why? What other OODB's did
you look at and how did they compare?
4) What was your selection criteria? In particular, I am
interested in what your requirements were in the following areas:
a) Performance (how many users, maximum time for transaction, etc.)
b) Concurrency (transactions, what type, how much support)
c) Reliability (what is your definition of reliability,
how fail-safe must your recovery be, if any)
5) If you are using a OODB, is it meeting your expectations?
If you are interested in what I find, then post me and I will either
contact you directly or publish a summary in comp.databases.
Thanks in advance
IntelliCorp Fax : 415-965-5647
1975 El Camino Real West Ph# : 415-965-5702
Mountain View, CA. 94040