Btrieve to SQL Server using Data Transformation Services and Data Direct ODBC Driver

Btrieve to SQL Server using Data Transformation Services and Data Direct ODBC Driver

Post by Rile » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 00:11:46

I've created a Data Transformation Services package in Enterprise
Manager that has a Transform Data Task to convert Btrieve 6.15 records
to SQL Server 2000 rows. When I execute the package from within
Enterprise Manager, the task works fine. However, when I schedule the
job to run thru the SQL Server agent, the task fails with the message
"[MERANT][ODBC Btrieve driver][Btrieve]The Record Manager is not
loaded." The only way I can get the task to execute as a scheduled job
is to bring up my DDF Builder utility while I'm running the job, in
which case the task executes successfully.

Except for the Btrieve data on an NT server, everything is on my
Windows 2000 machine (SQL database, DTS package).  I'm using the
"MERANT DataDirect Connect ODBC Version 4.00 for Windows" driver, and
the Btrieve data is retrieved using the Btrieve 6.15 for Windows NT
Server Edition.

Btrieve to SQL Server using Data Transformation Services and Data Direct ODBC Driver

Post by Bill Bac » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:37:16

See my EM.  BTW, I just noticed a Typo -- one file should be W32BTICM.DLL.
Sorry for the confusion.
    BB

> I've created a Data Transformation Services package in Enterprise
> Manager that has a Transform Data Task to convert Btrieve 6.15 records
> to SQL Server 2000 rows. When I execute the package from within
> Enterprise Manager, the task works fine. However, when I schedule the
> job to run thru the SQL Server agent, the task fails with the message
> "[MERANT][ODBC Btrieve driver][Btrieve]The Record Manager is not
> loaded." The only way I can get the task to execute as a scheduled job
> is to bring up my DDF Builder utility while I'm running the job, in
> which case the task executes successfully.

> Except for the Btrieve data on an NT server, everything is on my
> Windows 2000 machine (SQL database, DTS package).  I'm using the
> "MERANT DataDirect Connect ODBC Version 4.00 for Windows" driver, and
> the Btrieve data is retrieved using the Btrieve 6.15 for Windows NT
> Server Edition.

1. Ann: Microsoft SQL Server DTS: Tips and Tricks Using Data Transformation Services chat

Chat with PASS and Microsoft Experts on:

Microsoft SQL Server DTS: Tips and Tricks Using Data Transformation Services

Join February's monthly chat on SQL Server and bring your questions about using DTS. If you have a question about optimizing DTS, troubleshooting your DTS packages, or looking for the best way to use DTS in your business scenario, this chat is for you!

Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2002, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Pacific Time (18:00 - 19:00 GMT)

Chat URL: http://microsoft.com/technet/itcommunity/chats/

2. Transfer SQL database

3. SQL6.5 to SQL 7.0 using Data transformation services does not copy indexes etc over

4. Replicate/Copy Product

5. OLEDB Drivers for Data Transformation Services

6. Configuring access from certain clients

7. SQL Server 7.0 - Data Transformation Services - backing up?

8. How to export oracle user

9. Using Data Transformation service functionality in a web application

10. Exporting Tables using Data Transformation Services

11. Using Data Transformation Services in web application

12. Data Transformation Services SQL7.0 ODBC to Access

13. from SQL 7 NT to SQL 7 Windows 98 - Win 98 with DTS Data Transformation Services