File read error reading dirve s:

Post by gf.. » Wed, 18 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I have just set up a 4 node NT 4.0 network. I have a Foxpro app
running on this and everything seems to work fine except for the fact
that on one node I keep getting these file read errors on the server.
Where should I start to diagnose this problem?

Thanks

File read error reading dirve s:

Post by W. Davi » Thu, 19 Mar 1998 04:00:00

hi,
check for bad blocks....you might get lucky.
Wade

Quote:> I have just set up a 4 node NT 4.0 network. I have a Foxpro app
> running on this and everything seems to work fine except for the fact
> that on one node I keep getting these file read errors on the server.
> Where should I start to diagnose this problem?

> Thanks

1. Set Up Error:Internal Read Error Could not read C:\Documents.ins

I start the setup. It gets to the welcome screen and is in
the process of running the setup configuration. Error box
appears with the message that is in the subject box of
this post.
I did a file search for Documents.ins on my C drive and it
is not there.
Other users that have SQL2000 on their machines have done
a file search for Documents.ins  and weren't able to find
it on their machines either.
Help!!!

2. Ever heard of SML?

3. Interbase: I/O error for file KATALOG.GDB - Error while trying to read from file

4. Using one Combobox to dropdown an other

5. Error 3027 (object = read-only) when using VB6 to open read/write recordset on SQL 7.0

6. Difference between Oracle 8 Personal Edition and Oracle Lite

7. FP Errors Illegal Seek Offset, File Read Error

8. Problem with LEFT JOIN

9. error when reading input text file

10. Detect Errors Reading CSV files

11. Resolving BCP error reading Format file

12. OS file cannot be read, error 3

13. read only file error