Mail List gating of comp.databases.pick

Post by David Ruggier » Thu, 26 Aug 1993 17:22:57

Quote:>Some time ago I asked about the planned gating of this newsgroup to
>a list.  I received a response that a gate had already been put in place,
>and I responded to the given address to subscribe. I did not receive a
>response, nor have I received any comp.databases.pick mail.  We have a
>very sporadic news feed, but regular mail, so I have a definite interest
>in getting on a mailing list.  Therefore my questions:
>Is there a list in place? >Who is handling it?
>What is the list server address?

about the comp.databases.pick gateway that he'd set up:

> It's up and running now. Send to:

....and that's all the information I have. Is anyone else out there
using this service to read or post to c.d.p? Andy, is this service still
up and running? Pickish minds want to know...

David
--

Post by Robert W. All » Sat, 28 Aug 1993 11:48:57

>about the comp.databases.pick gateway that he'd set up:
>> It's up and running now. Send to:

>....and that's all the information I have. Is anyone else out there
>using this service to read or post to c.d.p? Andy, is this service still
>up and running? Pickish minds want to know...

This information was just posted to the Pick conference on BIX, so it seems
that someone there is subscribing.

Rob
--

1. Gating of comp.databases.pick

Hello.  Now that this group is off the ground, how about a discussion per
gating this newsgroup to a mailing list ala comp.sys.prime?  The reason I
suggest this (and don't volunteer for the task myself) is that my news
feed is quite flakey.  Has been for years and probably won't get any better
(no time to devote to such a low priority item).  In the meantime, if you
see a lot of "huh?"s from me, it's because I get only about 25-50% of the
traffic in any given group.

Ob questions:  (e-mail reply please, post it also if you wish)

    to hunt through all of my source and upcase everthing (or convert the
    checks to the appropriate case)?

2.  I am used to the Fundamental Keybindings for the Command Editor on the
    Prime, and am quite used to Ctrl-Z (back one command in the stack),
    which happens to cause a program break on SUN boxes.  I have noticed
    that at some times (after I have done a lot of dinking around between
    different environments), the Ctrl-Z does not seem to blow me out of
    PI/Open.  Somehow, quite unintentionally, I am getting PI/Open to
    intercept the keystroke and act as I intend.  Without my spending any
    brain cells on the issue, anyone got any hints?  (BTW, yes, I am aware
    that an 'fg' will get me back into PI/Open with no harm done.)

3.  How many of you have gone through Prime Information to PI/Open on a SUN
    conversions?  Any hints on what to look out for/gotchas?

Thanks in advance.

4. US-NYC/NJ SYBASE DBA's/Developers

5. Mail List gating.

6. request for CV's

7. SQL timeout in VB program using ADO

8. Rename comp.databases.pick to comp.databases.mv ?

9. Informix Mailing List/comp.database.informix in TAMPA

10. Mail List Gateway from comp.databases.olap - Help Needed

11. New PICK and PICK Flavours Mailing List.

12. comp.databases.oracle comp.databases.sybase comp.databases.informix