P4W forms question

Post by David Lieb » Thu, 05 Aug 1993 06:39:20

Hi:

        I've seen some posts here regarding problems with Paradox for Windows
        forms which have a large number of objects attached to them.

        I have a form which I've been progressively adding fields and buttons
        to, and all of a sudden, it won't open at all anymore.

        Could this be caused by having too many objects on  the form, or
        does that problem manifest itself differently ?

        Any help would be appreciated.

        Dave

P4W forms question

Post by Mr C J Tilbu » Fri, 06 Aug 1993 04:10:00

Quote:

>Hi:

>    I've seen some posts here regarding problems with Paradox for Windows
>    forms which have a large number of objects attached to them.

>    I have a form which I've been progressively adding fields and buttons
>    to, and all of a sudden, it won't open at all anymore.

>    Could this be caused by having too many objects on  the form, or
>    does that problem manifest itself differently ?

>    Any help would be appreciated.

Well,  little more information might help?

What exactly happens when you try to load the form? Does an error
dialog appear? If so, what does it say?

How are you trying to load it? From a folder, via File|Open|Form, or
from another form, with some objectPAL code?

It might sound *terribly* obvious, but are you going into the form via
the 'view' option in the dialog box, or by double clicking on an icon
in a folder window? If so, perhaps clicking on the 'design' button or
using the 'Design ...' on the object inspector menu on the folder icon
might open it up in a design window.

Failing that, can you see if the form is loading on another machine
with Paradox 4 Windows installed on it. Knowing what a memory-glut p4w
is, perhaps you don't have sufficient memory to open the form due to
it's size (any largish Bitmaps on the form?). If so, try opening it
without any other forms/tables and windows applications active at the
same time.

These may sound horribly obvious, but without a little more
information on what exactly is happening, it's hard to be more
specific.

[If you need someone to see if the form will open on another machine
running p4w, and don't have one local, then if you can uuencode the
binary and mail it to me, I'll have a go and see if I can help.]

-       Chris.

--

"The opinions stated above are mine. My employer can't have them, even if he
                  wants them. Unless I get a payrise ..."

1. P4W Form questions

In P4W 1.0, how can I change the index order in which records from a table are
shown (by default) in a form?  Is there (by default) a Tcursor initialized to
point to the open table when a form is opened?

I tried to define my own Tcursor in the form.open () method, and then
switchindex it from a pushbutton, but that didn't have any affect...

How can I do this?

Thanks
Brian

2. Creating an independent instance of a recordset

3. P4W 4.5 Windows Form->Not Windows Form?

4. Oracle JDBC driver question

5. P4W 5.0 Prevent browsing in a Form

6. ORACLE APPLICATION DEVELOPERS/DBA'S LEARN SAP - SAN DIEGO

7. Using Locate on a Form(P4W 5.0)

8. Deferred UPDATES

9. Problem with Oracle SQL link and P4W Forms

10. P4W: Use a startup form or startup script?

11. P4W: Returning a array[] from a form

12. P4W: Speedbar during form:wait()

13. Speed differences -- delivered forms [P4W]