DBMS benchmarks

Post by Andres Pav » Thu, 07 May 1992 22:46:05

I am looking for different performance measures results obtained
by benchmarking DBMS, in different machines. Are there any place
(anonymous) to get it?

Thanks in advance.

DBMS benchmarks

Post by Gene Bo » Fri, 08 May 1992 03:59:22

>I am looking for different performance measures results obtained
>by benchmarking DBMS, in different machines. Are there any place
>(anonymous) to get it?
>Thanks in advance.

There will be different kinds of benchmarks as far as I know.
If you want to know about RDBMS benchmark, you should look at
the Wisconsin Benchmark and ASAP.

If you want to know about ODBMS benchmark, you's better
look at Hypermodel Benchmark(a kind of app domain specific) or
Object Operations Benchmark done by Rick Cattel and his collegueas.

For further info, please send me e-mail

Gene

DBMS benchmarks

Post by Dan Sorens » Fri, 08 May 1992 15:42:43

>>I am looking for different performance measures results obtained
>>by benchmarking DBMS, in different machines. Are there any place
>>(anonymous) to get it?
>There will be different kinds of benchmarks as far as I know.
>If you want to know about RDBMS benchmark, you should look at
>the Wisconsin Benchmark and ASAP.
>If you want to know about ODBMS benchmark, you's better
>look at Hypermodel Benchmark(a kind of app domain specific) or
>Object Operations Benchmark done by Rick Cattel and his collegueas.

        This may not apply to some of the people on here, but I seem
to recall DBMS magazine having created an entirely new series of
benchmarks within the last few months.  Back issues or a call to
their BBS might be worth looking into for more info.

        I would say that the best benchmark is the one that most closely
reflects what you are doing, but then I'm being simplistic.

<Daniel R. Sorenson   Dod #1066  |ISU takes my money, not my opinions. >

1. Hypermodel/nonstandard DBMS benchmark

Two years ago, I came across the hypermodel benchmark of Arne Berre,
T. Lougenia Anderson and Moira Mallison for non-standard database
management systems. In my opinion it's the best benchmark I have
heard of for CAD-, hypertext- and software-engineering-DBMS. But up
to now I have only found two two year old articles containing descriptions
of hypermodel benchmark evaluations for

        GemStone (Servio Logic),
        Vbase 1.0 (Ontologic),
        PCTE V10.4 (Emeraude).

I'm looking for

        * other proposals of non-standard database system benchmarks
          (with exception of the Cattell-benchmark)
        * any new hypermodel benchmark results for the above mentioned
          systems or any other kind of (non-standard/object-oriented) DBMS.

Thank you very much for any responses to this question,

        Andy Schuerr
        RWTH Aachen
        Ahornstr. 55
        D-5100 Aachen (Germany)

2. US-NY-ORACLE CORPORATION OF VALHALLA

3. Looking for a DBMS benchmark

4. COBOL Oracle

5. DBMS Benchmark code ? Who's fastest ?

6. Adding writing and reading to my calendar program

7. DBMS Measurement or Benchmark

8. Universe on NT printing to Novell printQ

9. DBMS Performance Benchmarks

10. Where can I get benchmark test between DBMS?

11. To: Aykut Yilmaz (Re: Benchmarks of Sybase, Benchmark test results of oracle)

12. OLAP Council Benchmark/TPC-D/ other benchmark information

13. Benchmark Logiciel France 1995 (Software Development Benchmark)