runaway processes and signal trapping in INGRES

runaway processes and signal trapping in INGRES

Post by Bank of Illinois - Invoi » Fri, 26 Mar 1993 07:08:17

We are researching some potential problems with call applications being
terminated (via CTRL-C) producing runaway processes.  Has anyone else had
similar problems?  We are using INGRES 6.4/02 under HP-UX 8.0.

Has anyone done any signal trapping under INGRES 6.4?  Any advice on trapping
terminates in INGRES?

Donald McKinney
Release Coordinator

--
The opinions stated here are my own, and not endorsed by or supported by
CSC Intelicom - TRIS Division.

CSC Intelicom - TRIS Division, Champaign, IL    Software Development Group

1. trapping a signal when informix engine fails.

hi,
    I was just wondering if there is a way to trap any signal when
informix engine
goes down. Right now, I only start getting ton's of database
errors, so it would be good from the application point of view if I
could say the
database is down...

    I would appreciate any comments on this matter.

Thanks in advance
Kiran

2. Remove Password VB5 / Access 97

3. Unable to Kill Runaway process

4. trunc

5. Can't kill runaway SQL process

6. Help with listener

7. runaway db processes after index creation?

8. Concurrent Users in SQL SERVER 2000

9. Runaway SMON process

10. Runaway listener processes on Ora7.3.4, Digital UNIX 4.0D

11. Runaway Oracle Processes - When accessed via the WEB

12. Runaway DBWR process on VMS?

13. Runaway Process