HELP!?...Looking for on line database access.

HELP!?...Looking for on line database access.

Post by Mark A Hamps » Wed, 23 Jun 1993 10:36:05

This was the closest newsgroup name to what I am looking for, so please
don't flame me too hard.

I am looking for an on-line service (subscription fee okay) to do searches
on MIL specs.  I have identified a company that will provide you with the
50,000 document text on CD-ROM and a searching tool but they would like
$7,000/yr to provide you with this service.  They will of course rent you
cabinets full of CD-ROM drives to house the 38 disk set at a mear $200/drive.

I have been busily hunting around the net for hints of someone who might
provide such a service but have not been too lucky.

I ask now of the general public:
If you know of such a beast could you let me in on your secret?

Any and all responces are appreciated.

the telephone (508) 485-8000 or FAX (508) 485-7794.

Thanks in advance,

Mark A. Hampson
A&M Engineered Composites
BFGoodrich Aerospace
6 Hayes Memorial Drive
Marlboro, MA  01752

1. Databases: On-line vs Off-line ? Help please

Hi!

I'm planning to set up a database on the web. I wonder if you can help me
decise (books, reviews, and so on) whether I should set it up to be :

- accessed online but in real time (like most search engines); or
- accessed on line but as a book, where I'll be able to jump from
one html page to another (using a procedure to generate the html code).

So, I'm looking from qualitative and quantitative information so I can make
a decision.

Any help is welcome!

Have a merry christmas!

Best regards,
Hugo

2. question about copying table to new table, then updating

3. Looking for info on an on-line database

4. T-SQL debugger problem

5. HELP - looking for data-aware TDBOutline component to access Paradox databases

6. Maintaining/Packing database (Paradox) Files

7. Looking for online source for TIGER/Line database

8. Userenv Event ID 1000 in Application log

9. Looking for newer strategy to access Access database located on a remote computer on LAN

10. ACCESS question - blank line between control break lines

11. HELP: looking for someone to help build a simple database

12. help: How to use access upsizing tool to change access database to sql database

13. Blank line between lines: HELP!