Want [ng]dbm/avl/btree/isam type library

Want [ng]dbm/avl/btree/isam type library

Post by Chris Ren » Fri, 13 Sep 1991 00:12:25

I need some C routines in order to implement keyed access to a file.

I have various implementations of ndbm, gdbm, dbm, avl, btree, and isam
routines but none of them include all of the following features that I need:

- Perform basic key/record_number operations: store, fetch, delete, etc...
- Must store key/record_number data in disk file, not memory
- Must allow for duplicate keys (Two or more records for a given key)
- Like to have a way to read all keys in sorted order

If anyone has any pointers to a PD C package that can do this, please
let me know...

Thanks,

car.
--
Christopher A. Rende           Central Cartage (Nixdorf/Pyramid/SysVR2/BSD4.3)
uunet!edsews!rphroy!trux!car   Multics,DTSS,Unix,Shortwave,Scanners,UnixPC/3B1

trux!ramecs!car     "I don't ever remember forgetting anything." - Chris Rende

1. Btree (Isam ?) Library wanted

I'm looking for an efficient public domain btree library, preferably
c++.  Complete btree based database libraries are also welcome. Please
respond by email.

Thorsten Laux

--
        Thorsten Laux, Insitut fuer Kernphysik, Mathematische Physik

2. Modifying database structure

3. Wanted : c-isam library 4 unix

4. subquery returned more than 1 value

5. ESQL/C Library conflicts with ISAM libraries

6. Oracle Name Server Database

7. BTree/ISAM from Softfocus ?

8. ALARMPROGRAM: bug in informix ?

9. Btree Vs. ISAM

10. btree or isam tables

11. tdbm available (dbm library with atomic transactions)

12. Seeking Recommendations for DBM with C access library

13. Recommend a fast concurrent dbm library?