Clipper (dBase III) and Organigram Report Generator needed!

Clipper (dBase III) and Organigram Report Generator needed!

Post by Stefan Eichenberg » Fri, 05 Apr 1991 19:11:44

I'm looking for software to solve the following problem:

Given a database programmed in the dBase compiler Clipper (Sommer 87, not
yet version 5.0).

One would now like to extract organigram-like reports: The user has to be
able to define the 'graphic': Who is the boss, who are the subordinates, etc.
(It won't be a fixed hierarchy, once and for all, it should be redefinable
for each report printed).

Once the hierarchy is defined, the individual boxes of the organigram should
be filled with data from a *.dbf file, that contains one record per member,
with data such as birthday, address, etc. This insertion of data is always the
same and sould therefor be automated.

Any ideas, how this could be done? Libraries for Clipper? Organigramm Packages
that could import data from *.dbf? And would allow a relatively easy 'link'?

Example:
   The user defines:

            Max

  |---------------------|
Peter                 John

Eric

  Existing database:
  :
  Max    1.1.50  US Citicen
  Peter  1.1.40  Spanish
  Eric   3.3.60  Canadian
  John   2.12.55 French
  :

   Printed:
           Max
           Born 1.1.50
           US Citicen

  |---------------------|
Peter                 John
Born 1.1.40           Born 2.12.55
Spanish               French

Eric
Born 3.3.60
Canadian

Any help appreciated! I'll summarize, if need is.

UUCP:      ...mcsun!chx400!forty2!eichi          Physics Institut

1. Clipper report generator recommondations needed

Hi All,

We are looking for a report generator which meets the following
requirements:

- linkable into application, preferable protected mode
- *EASY* to define reports of any set of fields, tables, relations, filters
  by the *ENDUSER*
- able to display te reports on the screen
- support of all popular printers HPIII, HP4, HPDJ etc.

Thanks for your help.

Adriaan.

Please send comp.database.* replies to me directly (too).
Adriaan van Os                                        Micro Brain Systems

We've got to love and let live, learn to forgive, I'm reaching out to you
to try to get along, it might be all that we can do.       (Consolidated)

2. DataCombo Control Question

3. Need DBase III Report Help

4. UTL_TCP to post CLOB data?

5. Clipper Reports Source Generator

6. setGenFilter riddle

7. Rookie needs help clearing the Clipper hurdle (DBase help needed)

8. attach file to e-mail using VB4

9. DBase III databases (reporting with/without Access)

10. dBASE III Report forms

11. HELP: Printing dbase III report on Laser Printer

12. DBase III Questions: Formatting Reports?

13. dbase IV Files report generator