Arev 3.1 Does anyone know if compound selects are available in Arev 3.1

Arev 3.1 Does anyone know if compound selects are available in Arev 3.1

Post by T1ME » Sun, 07 May 1995 04:00:00

I have run into a problem with Advanced Revelation 3.1. Example:

: SELECT DBFILE WITH SOME_DATE AFTER "1/1/95" AND WITH STATUS "A"

The problem is that the AND portion of the select statement is completely
ignored. I have resorted to successive select statements for AND
conditions, but
still have no solution for OR conditions. Please Help!!!

Arev 3.1 Does anyone know if compound selects are available in Arev 3.1

Post by Bob Woodwa » Sun, 07 May 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>I have run into a problem with Advanced Revelation 3.1. Example:

>: SELECT DBFILE WITH SOME_DATE AFTER "1/1/95" AND WITH STATUS "A"

>The problem is that the AND portion of the select statement is
completely
>ignored. I have resorted to successive select statements for AND
>conditions, but
>still have no solution for OR conditions. Please Help!!!

There should be no problem with your select statement.  Is either of
the two fields multi-valued?  Just to prove your theory about the
second condition being ignored, swap the conditions around.  If you get
the same results, then your assumptions are wrong.  If you get only
records that have a STATUS of "A" then you may be correct and have a
problem with your installation.  Also, I would use a comparator symbol
instead of the implied "equal to" assumption.

As a matter of fact, I just executed the same statement with no
trouble.  I'll bet your problem is in the use of a multi-valued field.
If you have some specifics, I'd be happy to help you out.

1. Arev 3.1 problem using OR in select and list statements

I am having trouble Using OR and AND in select and list statements. It was
suggested to me that the problem had to do with multi-valued data. I am
able to select each component of the complex select/list by itself but not
connected with AND/OR.

I am rather new to Arev, but have been working with PICK for years. Is
there a USENET group especially for AREV?

Thanks,    T.Mead

2. Progress 9.0B Not finding tables that exist

3. Comparison of AP/DOS 6.1 and AREV 3.1

4. Clear the log file

5. ARev 3.1 is out (Press Release)

6. Oracle training Instructor

7. Arev 3.1 printing question

8. Arev 3.1 Lockup Problem

9. AREV 3.1

10. AREV 3.1 BUMP PROCEDURE PROBLEM

11. ARev 3.1 is out (Press Release)

12. Comparison of AP/DOS 6.1 and AREV 3.1