Help: record locking

Post by David Lew » Wed, 22 Jan 1997 04:00:00

>i copy a set of files from novell netware to my local harddisk. there
>is a good possiblity of one of the files was opened exclusively by
>some other user in the Novell LAN. i have some foxpro exe files. so
>when i run them on these data files, sometimes i get:
>"Record Not found. Please wait..." in a small window at top right
>corner of my screen. i want to know where and how the lock is
>maintained so that i can write some programs in C to unlock and use
>the databases locally without LAN.
>I'M DESPERATE. SOME BODY PLEASE HELP.

If you look on the monitor screen on a netware file server you can see
which user has which files open. So my best guess is to unlock these
files you would first have to write a netware NLM that gives you an
interface to the memory pool in question(can't remember which one). If
you get that far you're a better programmer than me.