hypertext support

Post by Van Ed » Sun, 20 Feb 1994 05:30:11

I want to implement a hypertext system as a simple database "navigator".
Does anyone have any suggestions?  I have looked at KPWin from Knowledge
Gardens, and was not terribly impressed - the demo was buggy and the
expected performace is poor.  Are there any other systems out there?
Preferably cross platform, but especially Windoze/DOS oriented.  I know
Windows and OS2 help systems make hypertext authoring possible, but I am
interested in having more control, and incorporating it more closely with
the rest of the application.  The "database" of interest is 95% text, and
does not change with time.  Is there a VBX that can do this?
Thanks,
Van

hypertext support

Post by Ron Le » Thu, 24 Feb 1994 21:18:53

>I want to implement a hypertext system as a simple database "navigator".
>Does anyone have any suggestions?  I have looked at KPWin from Knowledge
>Gardens, and was not terribly impressed - the demo was buggy and the
>expected performace is poor.  Are there any other systems out there?
>Preferably cross platform, but especially Windoze/DOS oriented.  I know
>Windows and OS2 help systems make hypertext authoring possible, but I am
>interested in having more control, and incorporating it more closely with
>the rest of the application.  The "database" of interest is 95% text, and
>does not change with time.  Is there a VBX that can do this?
>Thanks,
>Van

Hi,

Download a demo of HLPDK 11.0 from garbo.uwasa.fi:/pc/programming or
oakland:/pub/msdos/hypertext as hdk110a.zip, hdk110b.zip and
hdk110l.zip. The product supports several platforms (dos, windows,
os/2, desqview/x, www etc..), and some of the platforms are based on
a paradox database. You can purchase the sources to the paradox
readers, that are built using the paradox engine.

There is a half page review of it in the last Paradox Informant.

Hope this is of some help.

Ron.

P.S. - For more information contact the publisher at

1. OH-CINCINNATI-106557--Visual Basic-Technical Support-ORACLE-Help Desk Support-TECHNICAL SUPPORT

=
Company    : Technology Resources Inc.
Website    : http://www.tech-resource.com
Job Title  : TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Location   : CINCINNATI, OH
Job Type   : Full-Time Salaried
============================
Technology Resources is a Tennessee based staffing and consulting firm
providing contract and permanent placement opportunities nationwide. We are
seeking individuals with the following skills and experience.

Job Description: Technical support in Oracle and VB. Application support and
testing of desktop system developed primarily in VB/Oracle. Working with
internal customers and solving technical problems with the application All
applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a
full-time basis Required Skills: Oracle, Technical Support, Visual Basic

Travel Required          :None
Educational Requirements :None
=
Required Skills
* Visual Basic
* Technical Support
* ORACLE
* Help Desk Support
=
=
Contact Information:
Reference : 30929SJ

Fax No: 615-893-3946

** Post jobs for 30 days for $100, up to 250 postings $350/month
** Matching Resumes E-mailed daily
**  Your ads are virtually guaranteed to be seen by jobseekers on the NET **

                    ** Automatic Posting to **
   ** Yahoo            ** Americas Job Bank    ** Career City    *** ClassifiedsWarehouse

2. Oracle8 Stored Proc and RogueWave DBTools

3. New York - Sybase DBA - Global Web Trading System Support - Derivatives Trading Support - Fixed Income Trading Support

4. Storing binary files via XML

5. NYC - Sybase DBA - Global Web Trading System Support - Derivatives Trading Support - Fixed Income Trading Support

6. Interoprebility of SQL 7.0 application to Oracle, Sybase etc..

7. Hypertext

8. VFP 3.0b & OS/2

9. DBGRID and Hypertext

10. Does VB do hypertext?