Desperate: First Choice conversion!

Post by Ric » Sun, 22 Sep 1996 04:00:00

 I have ran into a bit of trouble with some software called 'First Choice'.
My wife just began a new job and the company has been keeping some records
on an ancient IBM XT running this software. Niether of us is familiar with
the software, and were wondering if there is any way at all short of
re-keying to convert these files to be used by some other, more popular
software. The XT will be serving closet duty, making way for a 486 machine
with at least Win. 3.0. This reorganization is very 'convenient' for my
wife, since she isn't familiar with First Choice at all! Please help.

Thanks in advance!!
 Rich

Desperate: First Choice conversion!

Post by Ric » Sun, 22 Sep 1996 04:00:00

 I have ran into a bit of trouble with some software called 'First Choice'.
My wife just began a new job and the company has been keeping some records
on an ancient IBM XT running this software. Niether of us is familiar with
the software, and were wondering if there is any way at all short of
re-keying to convert these files to be used by some other, more popular
software. The XT will be serving closet duty, making way for a 486 machine
with at least Win. 3.0. This reorganization is very 'convenient' for my
wife, since she isn't familiar with First Choice at all! Please help.

Thanks in advance!!
 Rich

1. First Choice Data Transfer

Hi,

Does anybody know how to transfer a database file from First Choice (with
all available fields) to another format (DBase, Paradox).

When I used FC's own export option it only exports a limit quantity of
fields.

Thanks in advance.

EJ

2. Compare two tables of equal structure?

3. First Choice

4. JDBC and execute a 4GL procedure

5. A question about First Choice database program

6. Peculiar errors in database (ASSERT) Please help

7. First Choice / Window Works

8. Help with query please....

9. PFS: First Choice db trashed! help

10. Converting First Choice

11. PFS: First Choice

12. Character sets: choices, choices, ...

13. Access to SQL Server 7 Query conversion with FIRST Keyword