HELP PLEASE: How to show all items for current order ?

HELP PLEASE: How to show all items for current order ?

Post by Zhidong L » Wed, 24 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi, everybody,
I got a big problem:

User wants to see all of the items he enters for a certain
order, just at run time, which means the number of items
he enters will never known before compiler-time unitll
run-time.

I was planing to let the user use FIELD to enter the items
and at the same time a LIST shows the context of what he
enters for the moment, but the LIST only accepts the fix
sized record filed from the table, that means I have to
know the number of items before run-time.

If use another browse window to display all the items user
has entered for the current order, how to do that so that
the input screen can communicate with the browse window ?

I am using FoxPro 2.5 on Mac.
Your help is highly appreciated!
Thanks!

Zhidong

Post by Rick Hernd » Sat, 27 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>Hi, everybody,
>I got a big problem:

>User wants to see all of the items he enters for a certain
>order, just at run time, which means the number of items
>he enters will never known before compiler-time unitll
>run-time.

>I was planing to let the user use FIELD to enter the items
>and at the same time a LIST shows the context of what he
>enters for the moment, but the LIST only accepts the fix
>sized record filed from the table, that means I have to
>know the number of items before run-time.

>If use another browse window to display all the items user
>has entered for the current order, how to do that so that
>the input screen can communicate with the browse window ?

>I am using FoxPro 2.5 on Mac.
>Your help is highly appreciated!
>Thanks!

>Zhidong

Hi Zhidong

when creating an order file, you should have a parent table
that contains all common info that relates to the order.
You should have multiple child records that contain one record
for each item in the order. You need a common field like the
order number in the child records to tell what record in the table
record they belong to.

Put a list box on the main screen that contains all the fields
in the child record that you want to display. All fields will
have to converted to character fields.

For example:  orderno+' '+item_desc+' '+str(units,7)+' '+str(price,7,2)

All this can entered in the field box. To show only the items in the
list box that belong to an order seleect the child table and
set filter to child.orderno=parent.orderno.

This should solve your problem.

Good Luck

Rick Hernder

1. help: single TRANS for Order w/ multiple items

I wonder if anyone can offer a point in the right direction.

I'm trying to add a parent record with multiple child records in a single
transaction.

Here's the example: I have an order with multiple line items. I can't pass
the line item(s) to a stored proc. as part of the order header as stored
procs won't accept variants (for an array). I wonder if there's a generally
accepted way to do this in a single transaction.

I appreciate any suggestions...

2. Question on MetaData

3. Listbox items PLEASE HELP...

4. Barcode

5. LISTBOX ITEMS.. PLEASE HELP

6. ||||||||||| DFW COMPUTER JOBS ||||||||||||

7. List Item (drop down menu) problems...please help - searchform.jpg (0/1)

8. Creating DTS Packages in VB

9. COMBO BOX, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP!

10. Please help! Show only duplicates

11. Need query to show duplicates only-please help