Generic Thunking (16 to 32 bits) in 9.1D ODBC Driver

Generic Thunking (16 to 32 bits) in 9.1D ODBC Driver

Post by Jorge Verga » Sat, 10 May 2003 23:45:21

Hello .

    I am trying to access a Progress Database from a VB 3.0 (16bits)
through Progress 9.1D ODBC driver.

    My questions are: Is that possible? Does the driver implement
Thunking?

    If so, is there any specific configuration required?

    Thanks in advance.

Jorge Vergara

Generic Thunking (16 to 32 bits) in 9.1D ODBC Driver

Post by Netrista Khata » Sat, 17 May 2003 00:44:32

Quote:> Hello .

>     I am trying to access a Progress Database from a VB 3.0 (16bits)
> through Progress 9.1D ODBC driver.

>     My questions are: Is that possible? Does the driver implement
> Thunking?

>     If so, is there any specific configuration required?

>     Thanks in advance.

> Jorge Vergara

Hello Jorge,
     It appears that you are trying to effect a 16bit-32bit transfer, and you are using VB. What version of the Windows operating system are you using? I do not believe that Progress has .dll's with thunking support. Nevertheless, you should check out this link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbc...
Thunking may still be possible via Windows itself.
Netrista Khatam
Technical Services Manager
OpenLink Software
Universal Data Access Middleware
http://www.openlinksw.com

1. C++ builder / intrabuilder / ODBC 32 bits / ODBC 16 bits

i have two ODBC icons on my computer: ODBC and ODBC 32 bits
with C++ builder and intrabuilder, i can use only ODBC 32 bits.
i'm not very happy because borland say "ODBC totale connectivity" and i want
to use an access 2.0 database, i can only use it with Delphi 1.0.
If you know how change/add ODBC pilot with BDE Config, can you write me ?

2. Trigger, procedure, Blob questions

3. Applications 16-bits with ODBC 32-bits

4. ::Oracle Financials Database Administrator:: Silicon Valley of California:: dr003703

5. AS/400 RUMBA 95 16/32 BIT ODBC Thunking Question

6. Problem using installShield 5.1 and Oracle ODBC driver

7. ODBC 16/32 bit thunking fails

8. Scroll within a table

9. 16 bits and 32 bits application

10. SQL*Net 16 bits and SQL*Net 32 bits on the same PC

11. 16 bits to 32 bits conversion.

12. btrieve 16 bits / 32 bits

13. Migrate from Progress 16 bits (i.e 8.1) to Progress 32 bits (i.e 8.3)