II_EMBED_SET and errorqry

Post by Martin Bow » Fri, 16 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi Everyone,

    I'm trying to set the errorqry option in II_EMBED_SET, but with no
    success.

    eg. setenv II_EMBED_SET "errorqry;qryfile fred"

    I then: sql iidbdb <<SQL_END
    select * from an_undefined_table
    \p\g
    \q
    SQL_END

    But nothing ever gets written to file fred. I've looked for other files,
    ie thinking the qryfile option had not reset the default file. But no
    files have been written at all.

    I use this syntax constantly for setting the printqry option and have no
    problems with that.

    What am I missing? I've tried this on DEC Alphas axp.osf running both
    6.4/05 and OI1.2.

    Martin Bowes
--
Random Duckman Quote #25:
Cornfed - Duckman had been reduced to the state of a gibbering, mindless

II_EMBED_SET and errorqry

Post by Lecorche Eri » Sat, 17 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> Hi Everyone,

>     I'm trying to set the errorqry option in II_EMBED_SET, but with no
>     success.

>     eg. setenv II_EMBED_SET "errorqry;qryfile fred"

>     I then: sql iidbdb <<SQL_END
>     select * from an_undefined_table
>     \p\g
>     \q
>     SQL_END

>     But nothing ever gets written to file fred. I've looked for other files,
>     ie thinking the qryfile option had not reset the default file. But no
>     files have been written at all.

>     I use this syntax constantly for setting the printqry option and have no
>     problems with that.

>     What am I missing? I've tried this on DEC Alphas axp.osf running both
>     6.4/05 and OI1.2.

It seems to me that I looked that many years ago and my conclusion was
that the output for "errorqry" as well as for "sqlprint" could only be
the standard output device (SYS$OUTPUT when on VMS as I am). The only
outputs able to be written into a user-named file are the outputs where
Ingres already uses files whith a default name (IIPRTQRY.LOG, IIGCA.LOG
...).

Perhaps I am wrong but we share the same experience !...

Lcorch Eric

GANIL

Grand Accelerateur National d'Ions Lourds

BP 5076 14021 Caen France

Tel    : (0)2 31 45 47 35
Fax    : (0)2 31 45 47 28

web    : http://www.ganil.fr

1. II_EMBED_SET "errorqry"

Any experiences with the II_EMBED_SET logical/env Variable set to
"errorqry" ?

I want to trap the query that causes the server to crash on one of our
machines, but when i tested the errorqry setting i could not find the file
it gets dumped in. All the DBA manual says is:
errorqry   Prints the query that caused the  error.

I checked for any new files in my current adn default directories, i
checked for the query in the errolog and the ii_dbms_log, and i cant find it
anywhere. Is there something else one can use? Maybe there is a trace point
that does the same thing?

Any ideas would be helpful (short of putting a printqry trace on each of
the 120 users, of course  )

Regards

--
  Cor
                                 _______
                                | >=====|    University of Stellenbosch

2. data warehouse project

3. Using errorqry

4. Account for SQL server.

5. II_EMBED_SET & ODBC

6. Fax sending

7. Fun things to do with accessdb abd II_EMBED_SET

8. Java1.3 - DB2 6.1 - AIX 5 ???

9. Interpreting Queries Captured via II_EMBED_SET

10. II_EMBED_SET & ODBC