How to Install Oracle Connectivity?

Post by Mark Lewi » Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:06:29

Does anyone know what the minimum set of files are for Oracle connectivity
from the MS OLE DB or ODBC drivers? I have the app working with both after
having installed the Oracle Client files using their setup kit but need to
figure out how to automate this myself.

Thanks,

Mark Lewis
President
Mark D. Lewis Inc.

How to Install Oracle Connectivity?

Post by Carlos J. Quinter » Fri, 27 Apr 2001 19:35:31

The minimum of Oracle Client is (Custom Instalation):

1) SQL*Net Client
2) TCP/IP Protocol Adapter (or other protocol adapter)
3) Required Support Files
4) Properly configured TNSNAMES.ORA adn SQLNET.ORA files (if you are using
file based configuration; another thing is Oracle Names)

The 3 first "products" are more than 40MB and a lot of files.

Some Oracle installers add other not requested "products" such the ODBC
driver, the Named Pipes Protocol Adapter, Released Notes or Oracle
Installer. After custom installation, you can try to remove them with the
installer.

The final set is the minimum. The folder is C:\ORANT and there are also
Oracle registry entries.

--
Best regards,

Carlos J. Quintero

MZ-Tools 2.0 (New version) freeware 'all-in-one' Add-In for VB6: Task List,
Line Numbering, TabIndex Assistant, Procedure Callers, Find and Replace in
All Projects, Close Windows, Review TabIndex and Collections, Add Procedure,
Add Error Handler, Add Procedure or Module Header, Clear Immediate Window,
Statistics, Copy/Paste/Rename/Remove controls with code, Default Controls
Properties and more:
www.mztools.com

> Does anyone know what the minimum set of files are for Oracle connectivity
> from the MS OLE DB or ODBC drivers? I have the app working with both after
> having installed the Oracle Client files using their setup kit but need to
> figure out how to automate this myself.

> Thanks,

> Mark Lewis
> President
> Mark D. Lewis Inc.

How to Install Oracle Connectivity?

Post by Mark Lewi » Fri, 27 Apr 2001 19:42:25

Thanks. I think it best to use their kit and not get carried away trying to
reverse engineer/integrate it. Your message would seem to confirm that!

Thanks again,

Mark Lewis
President
Mark D. Lewis Inc.

> The minimum of Oracle Client is (Custom Instalation):

> 1) SQL*Net Client
> 2) TCP/IP Protocol Adapter (or other protocol adapter)
> 3) Required Support Files
> 4) Properly configured TNSNAMES.ORA adn SQLNET.ORA files (if you are using
> file based configuration; another thing is Oracle Names)

> The 3 first "products" are more than 40MB and a lot of files.

> Some Oracle installers add other not requested "products" such the ODBC
> driver, the Named Pipes Protocol Adapter, Released Notes or Oracle
> Installer. After custom installation, you can try to remove them with the
> installer.

> The final set is the minimum. The folder is C:\ORANT and there are also
> Oracle registry entries.

> --
> Best regards,

> Carlos J. Quintero

> MZ-Tools 2.0 (New version) freeware 'all-in-one' Add-In for VB6: Task
List,
> Line Numbering, TabIndex Assistant, Procedure Callers, Find and Replace in
> All Projects, Close Windows, Review TabIndex and Collections, Add
Procedure,
> Add Error Handler, Add Procedure or Module Header, Clear Immediate Window,
> Statistics, Copy/Paste/Rename/Remove controls with code, Default Controls
> Properties and more:
> www.mztools.com

> > Does anyone know what the minimum set of files are for Oracle
connectivity
> > from the MS OLE DB or ODBC drivers? I have the app working with both
after
> > having installed the Oracle Client files using their setup kit but need
> > figure out how to automate this myself.

> > Thanks,

> > Mark Lewis
> > President
> > Mark D. Lewis Inc.

1. How to Install Oracle Connectivity?

Does anyone know what the minimum set of files are for Oracle connectivity
from the MS OLE DB or ODBC drivers? I have the app working with both after
having installed the Oracle Client files using their setup kit but need to
figure out how to automate this myself.

Thanks,

Mark Lewis
President
Mark D. Lewis Inc.

2. Oracle/Multiview installation problems

3. Oracle to DB2 connectivity or DB2 to Oracle Connectivity

4. Toubles with P.SQL 2000i (SP3) and Win16 apps

5. MDAC error during SQL 2000 Connectivity Tools install

6. MoveNext

7. Install Client Connectivity

8. Problem with calling SP with cursors through VC6.0

9. install SQL7.0 client connectivity

10. Included Connectivity Install?

11. installing sql 7.0 and 2000 connectivity on the same machince

12. install SQL7.0 client connectivity

13. Error during install client connectivity SQL7