Upgrading from 6.4 to OI 1.2 and 6.4 to OI 1.1/04

Upgrading from 6.4 to OI 1.2 and 6.4 to OI 1.1/04

Post by Inge O. Set » Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hello out there !

Have anybody made a recipy for converting a 6.4 DB to a 1.2 DB on a Unix
server.
If someone have made a list from A-Z during making this operation, I would
like to have a copy of this list.....

I would also like a similar recipy if anyone have converted ABF
applications from 6.4 to OI 1.1/04 on VAX/VMS .....

Regards ....

Inge O. Seth

Upgrading from 6.4 to OI 1.2 and 6.4 to OI 1.1/04

Post by Brian Parke » Wed, 19 Nov 1997 04:00:00

--------------689DB516204B2EEDD60F11F1

Quote:> Have anybody made a recipy for converting a 6.4 DB to a 1.2 DB on a
> Unix
> server.
> If someone have made a list from A-Z during making this operation, I
> would
> like to have a copy of this list.....

Hi Inge,

I made such a list but very little was original work.  Info was taken
from two web sites which I recommend to you:
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~yuan/Ingres/oiupdate.html and
http://www.naiua.org/oiconvert.html

The fine detail of your list will depend a lot on the installation that
you're planning to upgrade.  I should add that we have not used our list
yet as we're holding off for IO 2.0 so I can't tell you where the flaws
are!

Good luck,
    Brian

--------------689DB516204B2EEDD60F11F1

begin:          vcard
fn:             Brian  Parker
n:              Parker;Brian
org:            The Open University

title:          Senior Analyst Programer
note:           My opinions are my own.
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
end:            vcard

Post by Robert Griffit » Wed, 19 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

>> Have anybody made a recipy for converting a 6.4 DB to a 1.2 DB on a
>> Unix
>> server.
>> If someone have made a list from A-Z during making this operation, I
>> would
>> like to have a copy of this list.....

>>Hi Inge,

>I made such a list but very little was original work.  Info was taken
>from two web sites which I recommend to you:
>http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~yuan/Ingres/oiupdate.html and
>http://www.naiua.org/oiconvert.html

One correction is necessary here.  The first of the two web sites
listed above is an older version of a conversion guide that was just
recently updated by its author, J. Tyler McGraw.  You can find the
new version either linked from the FAQ page of the NAIUA's web
site (www.naiua.org/faqs.html), or you can go directly to the URL:

   http://www.btinternet.com/~tyler.mcgraw/oi12mfaq.htm

Hope this helps.

---

U. of Chicago,                     phone: (773) 702-0326
GSB Computing Services             fax:   (773) 702-0233

NAIUA Web Site - http://www.naiua.org

1. Upgrade failure from OI 1.1/04 to OI 1.2/01 on VAX/VMS 6.2

My Systems Administrator attempted to do the referenced upgrade yesterday
but met with failure. The problem is said to be that our previous
installation was done incorrectly: Ingres had been installed into the root
directory [000000] rather than a subdirectory under the root. Supposedly
Ingres can not be installed into [000000] nor can it be upgraded from
[000000]. Our Administrator contacted Ingres Support and got confirmation
that that this is the way it should work.

I find this odd since the Ingres installation has been in place and working
for at least 6 years and about two years ago we upgraded from Ingres 6.4 to
OI 1.1  (which I would think might have been a more significant change than
going from OI 1.1 to OI 1.2) without any complaints about Ingres being
installed incorrectly in [000000].

Does anyone have any light to shed on this problem? (Our installation is
down until they can restore the Ingres directory tree from backup. And then
we still want to do the upgrade properly.)

Thanks for any help on this.

Alan Wallen
Avionics Division of ITT Industries
Software Engineering

2. Conditional autonumbering problem...

3. Upgrade failure from OI 1.1/04 to OI 1.2/01 on VAX/VMS 6.2 -S olved

4. Print Table structure

5. Use Upgradefe to upgrade a database from version CA-Ingres 6.4/04 and OI 1.2/00

6. * vb6/ado20/crystal46/sql65 on windows 98 *

7. OI 1.2/01 Back To OI 1.1/04

8. Beginner Filemaker User

9. Form copy errors (6.4/04 ==> OI 1.1)

10. Migrating from 6.4 to OI 1.1/04

11. Upgrade 6.4 to OI 1.2

12. Again - upgrade from Ingres 6.4 to OI 1.2

13. Upgrade 6.4/O5 --> OI 1.2