6.4 compatibility with OI

Post by Karl & Betty Schende » Thu, 25 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

>Would an application developed for and in Ingres 6.4 work under OI 1.2 or
>2.0?

Depends on exactly what kind of application it is.
It is possible that an ABF (or embedded C/SQL) application would work
fine under 2.0 even without recompiling, ie the 6.4 images can work.
In some cases we've found that the old binaries don't work, but a
simple recompilation under OI 2.0 makes the app work.  In other
cases the app itself needs some conversion work (usually due to
reserved word conflicts or the UPDATE FROM semantics issue).

I'm not very familiar with converting OpenRoad apps, but I suspect that
the answer is pretty much the same: many apps will continue to work
fine, some will need a little conversion effort.

Karl R. Schendel, Jr.

Ingres and Unix Expertise

1. Upgrading from 6.4 to OI 1.2 and 6.4 to OI 1.1/04

Hello out there !

Have anybody made a recipy for converting a 6.4 DB to a 1.2 DB on a Unix
server.
If someone have made a list from A-Z during making this operation, I would
like to have a copy of this list.....

I would also like a similar recipy if anyone have converted ABF
applications from 6.4 to OI 1.1/04 on VAX/VMS .....

Regards ....

Inge O. Seth

2. SP - error converting - newbie question

3. OI 10.20/6.4 Star query timeout problem

4. pgsql/contrib pg_controldata/Makefile pg_reset ...

5. Varchar problem in reloading from unix 6.4 to NT OI 2.0

6. org.gjt.mm.musql.Driver Error

7. Use Upgradefe to upgrade a database from version CA-Ingres 6.4/04 and OI 1.2/00

8. Access to SQL6.5 VERY SLOW

9. Upgrade 6.4 to OI 1.2

10. Again - upgrade from Ingres 6.4 to OI 1.2

11. Upgrade 6.4/O5 --> OI 1.2

12. Form copy errors (6.4/04 ==> OI 1.1)

13. Memory requirements OI 1.2 vs Ingres 6.4