Further inquiry: Question:structural vs non-structural index

Further inquiry: Question:structural vs non-structural index

Post by Gene Wirchen » Fri, 01 Dec 1995 04:00:00

     No, a non-CDX index must be explicitly opened ragardless of its name.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

--
Three views of the proverbial partial glass of water:
     Optimist:          half full

1. Question:structural vs non-structural index?

I understand what a stand alone index is (*.idx) but I am a little
confused on what a structural and non-structural index is. They are
stored in *.cdx and need to be referenced using TAG but from there I am
not sure of what they are. an someone offer further explanantion?
Thanks.

2. Oracle access via C++

3. Structural index (.cdx) question

4. Store Procedure and Multiple recordsets

5. structural differences between cluster and common indexes

6. Very strange JDBC problem

7. Structural compound index files

8. General structural question

9. Structural Programming on SQL

10. Replication of structural changes

11. Apply structural changes from server to server

12. Structural changes replication ?