convert arbitrary XML to something that ADO can understand

convert arbitrary XML to something that ADO can understand

Post by Ted Su » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 00:06:23

So far I've discovered that while ADO(2.5) can create a record set
from
a string containing XML or from a DOMDocument, the restriction is that
either the string or the DOMDocument must have been saved (persisted)
using the ADO recordset functions such as save.

Is there a tool or method that will allow me to take a simple XML
string
(or DOMDocument) and convert it to the appropriate format (I think
it's the schema that needs to be added) so that can be used as the
source for a recordset open call?

convert arbitrary XML to something that ADO can understand

Post by Val Mazu » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 01:42:20

Hi,

As I nkow there is no tool which alllows you to convert
XML string into XML Recordset format. You need to add
schema to your XML string. Check "XML Integration Features
in ADO 2.5" article in MSDN. I hope it will help you.

Val

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>So far I've discovered that while ADO(2.5) can create a
record set
>from
>a string containing XML or from a DOMDocument, the
restriction is that
>either the string or the DOMDocument must have been saved
(persisted)
>using the ADO recordset functions such as save.

>Is there a tool or method that will allow me to take a
simple XML
>string
>(or DOMDocument) and convert it to the appropriate format
(I think
>it's the schema that needs to be added) so that can be
used as the
>source for a recordset open call?
>.

1. Arbitrary Prefixes with xpath query against Xml schema

When specifying a targetNamespace in an xml schema and
then doing an xpath query against the schema - why does
SQLXML insert an "Arbitrary" prefix in the instance
document?

From the help(?) files in the SQLXML SDK:
"The prefixes that are generated in the XML document are
arbitrary, but they map to the same namespace."

My Gripe:
Although both the examples in the sdk and my instance
documents are returned with "y0" prefix on the globally
defined elements. This totally horks doing any xpath
queries because the user needs to know what the prefix is -
 AND if it is truly "Arbitrary" as the documentation
specifies how can I ever be guaranteed what the prefix is?

Anyone?

2. onstat -g sch

3. Shape SQLcomand , something in it I don't understand

4. A beginner writes

5. Please help me to understand something

6. OLE Stored Proc Error!!

7. Problem Converting ADO Recordset to XML

8. Instance prompt with login.sql

9. Converting XML to ADO Recordset

10. Problem Converting ADO Recordset to XML

11. Convert XML Stream to ADO Recordset

12. Problem Converting ADO Recordset to XML

13. Converting XML to ADO