FoxFire!: Preferred Method for connection

Post by Bill Bardo » Fri, 20 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> Anyone have any suggestions as to the preferred method for connecting
> FoxFire! to an application.

After setting up your directories and data items in FoxFire, add a line
like:

  DO ("FOXFIRE") WITH 'REQUEST', LEFT(MUSER_ID, 4), '', 'FFCONFIG'

to your program.  FoxFire saves all existing variables, open tables,
etc. when it starts and restores them on exit.  That's all I had to do,
but I run my progam as an .app, not an .exe.  I'm sure that would
complicate matters.

--
Bill Bardon
Elkhorn, Nebraska

1. Preferred Connection Method

I'm getting confused by all the connetions options using ADO.
I'd like some opinions on what connections methods are best, and under
what circumstances.  There's the data control vs not using the data
control.  There's connection with a Data Link File, An ODBC Data Source
Name. and using a Connection String, and there's the data designer.

Since I'm working applications that will be distributed, I don't want to
hard code any data paths.

I asked this question once before, and received a reply that suggested I
use SQL Server.  That isn't always an option.  Nor was it my question.
Can someone give me some guidelines?

Diane

2. rename coulmn using sql statement

3. Preferred connection method

4. SITE AVAILABLE ???

5. Preferred Method of Adding Records

6. single processor tuning

7. Preferred Backup/Restore methods

8. Is there a way to script jobs?

9. Preferred Access Method?

10. Push or Pull, what is the preferred method

11. Preferred method of obtaining a recordset?

12. Preferred method for submitting patch corrections?

13. Sorting Databases - What is the preferred method?