Wanted Java SQL Query Builder Applet

Post by kabi » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I am looking for a Java applet that can allow my users to build SQL query
without knowing SQL.  In other words, I am looking for an applet (commercial
or freeware) that will display table names and their fields and allow the
user to build a SELECT statement without knowing how. For example, a
drop-down menu can display a list of  table names, another drop-down may
display table fields whenever the user selects a table from the first
drop-down table names menu. Then user can use the table fields to build the
query. User needs to be able to create query such as:

SELECT  * FROM Table1 A Table1 B ... WHERE A.AGE>30 AND B.GENDER=Male

Also the applet needs to able call a back-end application to actually
perform the query via HTTP. For example, it can send the above statement to
an application via HTTP and display the #of row count to the user.

Any ideas if such applet exists?  I am willing to pay someone to build
something like this. So quotes welcome.

Thanks

Kabir

Wanted Java SQL Query Builder Applet

Post by benjamine.. » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

You can use quicktable javabean.(http://dbtable.hypermart.net). It is
really cool, with just 2 or 3 statements jtable becomes dbaware and it
supports JDBC , what more do you want, its free!. You don't need to
learn any new API, if you know to use jtable, all the methods which you
use for jtable can be used with this, so simple. The size of the bean
is only 50k, can u believe it! if you use this bean in applet, it will
download very fast because the size is small. It can be used with any
database for which you have a jdbc driver.
It can be used with IDEs like Visual age, Jbuilder , symantec cafe. you
can also use without IDE. It automatically asssigns the cell editors
based on the the database column datatype.
It is so simple to use, I'll highly recommend this bean. The free
download is available at http://dbtable.hypermart.net

> Hi,

> I am looking for a Java applet that can allow my users to build SQL
query
> without knowing SQL.  In other words, I am looking for an applet
(commercial
> or freeware) that will display table names and their fields and allow
the
> user to build a SELECT statement without knowing how. For example, a
> drop-down menu can display a list of  table names, another drop-down
may
> display table fields whenever the user selects a table from the first
> drop-down table names menu. Then user can use the table fields to
build the
> query. User needs to be able to create query such as:

> SELECT  * FROM Table1 A Table1 B ... WHERE A.AGE>30 AND B.GENDER=Male

> Also the applet needs to able call a back-end application to actually
> perform the query via HTTP. For example, it can send the above
statement to
> an application via HTTP and display the #of row count to the user.

> Any ideas if such applet exists?  I am willing to pay someone to build
> something like this. So quotes welcome.

> Thanks

> Kabir

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. SQL Query Builder applet

We're building an application in which we'd like to give the end-user
the ability to construct a SQL query without having to know SQL syntax
which would be passed to our application for processing.  Does anyone
have a suggestion for a Java-based query builder (preferably an
applet, but any suggestion is appreciated) that can be used to let
end-users browse available tables/columns and construct their own
query?

Thanks in advance.

Keith

2. Help-DTS package loading VERY SLOWLY

3. FileMaker Printing Problem

4. SQL Query Builder written in Java

5. Problems with Authentication

6. What happened to the English FP2 for Windows?

7. JDBC-Driver (java.sql) with Java-Applets

8. Query Builder or SQL Builder

9. Query Builder component for Java?

10. Applet Name: SpreadSheet.Java - Problem: java.lang.nul.pointer