ADO.Net Decimal Precision/Scale

Post by Dan Sou » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 14:33:38

It looks to me like ADO.Net does not make the precision
and scale portions of the decimal datatype available when
a decimal column is returned from SQL Server 2000.

Could someone confirm this or point me to the
documentation that describes how to retrieve this?

I know I can make another round trip to the db to get this
from ADOX or SQL-DMO but really want this to come along
with the recordset, just like it did in ADO 2.5

Thanks.
Dan

ADO.Net Decimal Precision/Scale

Post by Douglas Laudenschlager [M » Sun, 11 Nov 2001 05:24:31

As of Beta 2, I see that the ADO.Net DataColumn does not expose Precision
and NumericScale properties as the ADO Field object does.

I'd encourage you to post your question in the
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet newsgroup to see whether anyone
there has additional information or suggestions.

ADO.Net Decimal Precision/Scale

Post by Dan Sou » Sun, 11 Nov 2001 08:37:54

Thanks. I'll see if the .Net group has any insight into
this. FYI, this is a major hassle, since I'm back to the
pre-ADO2.5 days of requiring a second round-trip to the db
to get this data. Hopefully you can get this exposed in
the gold release.

Thanks again for confirming-at least you've saved me a lot
of research headache.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

>As of Beta 2, I see that the ADO.Net DataColumn does not
expose Precision
>and NumericScale properties as the ADO Field object does.

>I'd encourage you to post your question in the
>microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet newsgroup to see
whether anyone
>there has additional information or suggestions.

confers no rights.

>.

1. Decimal data TYpe (Precision and Scale)

Hi,

I have a field in a table of type decimal.

Tisis 5 in length. My understanding of this is that it is
5 in length not including decimal places? Correct?

My Precision is 7 and my scale is 4.

How can my precision be 7 if my length is 5. Is Precison
teh total length including decimal places?

And scale is the number of decimal places?

Am a bit bogged down on this simple issue.

Any advice/help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
C.

2. Find problem

3. Default precision and scale for decimal?

4. pgsql/src backend/parser/parse_expr.c backend/ ...

5. Decimal Precision and Scale

6. OPAL-queries and international characters

7. Please help - howto set the precision and numeric scale for a decimal type parameter

8. Programming ADOCE3.1 / SQLCE with EVC

9. Result precision and scale for decimal arithmetic expression and

10. Result precision and scale for decimal arithmetic expression and aggregate function

11. Please help - howto set the precision and numeric scale for a decimal type parameter

12. Precision and Scale: Truncate vs Rounding

13. Precision and Scale: Rounding vs Truncating