datagrid or mshFlexgrid

Post by <c_wi.. » Sun, 20 Aug 2000 08:57:25

I think Microsoft as the bad habitude  to cache the problems. and it's not
the reading of knowledge bases and technicals articles which can be an help
to minor problems, that could be explained with a little article about
limitations of theirs controls.

My problem comes of the use of datagrid or mshFlexgrid to expose datas from
a database.

First i create a group of projects that contains an activeX dll witch is a
supplier af data and a custom project that contains a form with a grid to
receive the datas. At this time all is correct and run.
In a second time, i try to replace the activeX dll to a ActiveX exe
component before to take it in a remote server.
The problem appears because in ActiveX exe the datasource behavior doesn't
exist. I can't select it to vbDataSource.
So i create a Adodb.recordset in the customer part of my application to
receive the datas. In this case, the datas are correctly received and I can
work with them, add a record. The result of manipulation is always OK in the
Execute Window. But when I try to link my grid (datagrid or mshFlexgrid) by
scripting:
Set datagrid1.DataSource = rs
no record is displayed in the datagrid.
Must I create an array to resolve this problem or is it an other best
solution to resolve this problem. After one week to search the solution by
Technet or other MSDN, I did'nt find the solution.

As anyone a solution ???

1. Datagrid or MSHflexgrid

Please help,

    I would like to update a datagride or MSHflexgrid with the returned
results from the following button_click procedure and then the user would
highlight the record and double click it which will move my ado recordset to
that record and populate my datafields on Form "FrmDataEnv"

Private Sub bttnadvfind_click()

    prevbookmark = Adodc1.Recordset.Bookmark
    filterAdodc1 = InputBox("Enter the first few letters of the LastName")
    If filterAdodc1 = "" Then
        Adodc1.Recordset.Filter = adFilterNone
        Adodc1.Recordset.Bookmark = prevbookmark
    Else
        Adodc1.Recordset.Filter = "LastName Like '" & filterAdodc1 & "%'"

        If Adodc1.Recordset.EOF Then
        Adodc1.Recordset.Filter = ""
        Adodc1.Recordset.Bookmark = prevbookmark
          MsgBox "No LastName in the database match your criteria "

        End If
    End If
End Sub

Should I use DataGrid or MSHflexgrid? This will be on a different Frm called
"frmflex" My Ado object is on the Form "frmdataenv" along with the command
button above. Can someone help me with the syntax or help me get started.

Thanks
    Gerry

2. FOXPROW caused a GPF in module ATI2DRAB.DRV

3. Datagrid and mshflexgrid - programming

4. Oracle DBA Manager needed in Rockville, Maryland

5. Datagrid vs MSHflexgrid

6. HELP run-time error 3050

7. MSHflexgrid or datagrid

8. Copy from Datagrid to datagrid

9. Updating datagrid with requery, datagrid goes to top

10. Using MSHFlexGrid with ADOMD

11. MSHFlexGrid

12. MSHflexgrid doesnt update after adodc changes databse HELP!