Get variable from Unix script (SCO Unix/ Progress V8.3C11)

Get variable from Unix script (SCO Unix/ Progress V8.3C11)

Post by Frédéric STOC » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 23:20:23

Hello,

running Progress V8.3C11 under SCO Unix OSR5.06.
Is it possible to get from a L4G Progress code a Unix shell script
variable.
In my Unix script I load a flag with true or false, after testing result
of some operations, and would like to use this the value of the flag in
my progress program.

Thank's.
F. STOCK

Get variable from Unix script (SCO Unix/ Progress V8.3C11)

Post by Hota » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 01:24:33

Quote:> Hello,

> running Progress V8.3C11 under SCO Unix OSR5.06.
> Is it possible to get from a L4G Progress code a Unix shell script
> variable.
> In my Unix script I load a flag with true or false, after testing result
> of some operations, and would like to use this the value of the flag in
> my progress program.

> Thank's.
> F. STOCK

Have you looked at the -param startup option?

--
-=========-
J.J. DeSpirito

Get variable from Unix script (SCO Unix/ Progress V8.3C11)

Post by Alain FERRIO » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:26:09

Hello,
Why you don't use a plain file containing anything you stored ?
Alain

---

Get variable from Unix script (SCO Unix/ Progress V8.3C11)

Post by Doug Luttrel » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 12:54:19

Um . . . Is there some reason that the OS-GETENV function doesn't work for
you?  I'm pretty sure it was supported in V8.3.

--
Doug

Quote:> Hello,

> running Progress V8.3C11 under SCO Unix OSR5.06.
> Is it possible to get from a L4G Progress code a Unix shell script
> variable.
> In my Unix script I load a flag with true or false, after testing result
> of some operations, and would like to use this the value of the flag in
> my progress program.

> Thank's.
> F. STOCK

Get variable from Unix script (SCO Unix/ Progress V8.3C11)

Post by Psyc » Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:03:33

If the other posts don't help try this:

def var param_you_want  no-undo.
input thru value("echo $PARAM_YOU_WANT").
import param_you_want.
input close.

**********************

Quote:> Hello,

> running Progress V8.3C11 under SCO Unix OSR5.06.
> Is it possible to get from a L4G Progress code a Unix shell script
> variable.
> In my Unix script I load a flag with true or false, after testing result
> of some operations, and would like to use this the value of the flag in
> my progress program.

> Thank's.
> F. STOCK

Get variable from Unix script (SCO Unix/ Progress V8.3C11)

Post by Frédéric STOC » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:00:33

Thank's to all.

F. STOCK