MDAC 2.5 with Access 97

Post by Ganes » Thu, 29 Mar 2001 22:18:32

Hi All,

I am encountering some problems while inserting records on an Access 97
database. The connection is through ADO and the current MDAC version is 2.5
.  The driver used is Microsoft Access Driver.

Are there any known problems while using MDAC 2.5 with  Access 97 ?

There was a knowledge base link ( Q237994 - "MDAC Upgrade Issues With Access
ODBC Driver ) related to this , but it was leading to a broken link. Do
anyone has this article ?

Any help out ?

rgds

Ganesh

1. VB6, DAO 3.6, Access 97 , MDAC 2.5 and 3426 Runtime Error

When I have a completely blank recordset and try adding a new record by
assigning an id number to a databound textbox using the following code from
a lostfocus event on a combobox :-

If Me.CompanyName.Text <> "" Then
    Me.txt(14).Text = Me.CompanyName.ItemData(Me.CompanyName.ListIndex)
End If

I then try and save the record and it always comes up with the runtime error
3426 - This action was cancelled by an associated object. It only happens on
the VERY first new record of a recordset and not on any after the first has
been added!

But if I overtype the databound textfield with the identical number that the
code assigned to it doesn't generate the error!

My application also throws up the runtime error 3426 quite frequently in
other areas. Why does it do it and how can I sort it? I know one reason is
if you enter more characters than the allowed field length in a field it
comes up with the error!

My program will be complete once I've sorted this problem!

HELP ME!

Thanks in advance

Lee

2. Need help?

3. Access 97 vs 2000 + MDAC 2.1 SP2 vs 2.5

4. bcp problem

5. DAO 2.5 to DAO 3.5 and Access 2.0 to Access 97 Answers and Questions (VB5)

6. Disaster Recovery Plan

7. D4 - MS Access 97 - MDAC 2.* TTable Access violations

8. Sybase T-error log :-)

9. MDAC 2.5 and MDAC 2.6

10. big issue between MDAC 2.6 and MDAC 2.5

11. HELP: MDAC 2.1 and MDAC 2.5

12. Mdac 2.6 sp1 on clients using vb6 mdac 2.5 - hey Serge Shakhov

13. MDAC 2.5 and MDAC 2.6