Query about TPC/A , TPC/B Benchmarks ...

Query about TPC/A , TPC/B Benchmarks ...

Post by Manolis Marazak » Mon, 07 Feb 1994 18:11:11

    Synthetic benchmarks for measuring the throughput of a transaction
management system cannot be trusted as reliable measures of a system's
true performance in a realistic operating environment.However,they are
useful in the initial stages of system development and evaluation.In that
spirit,I am looking for information about the TPC/A, TPC/B benchmarks
(TPC is a trademark of the Transaction Processing Council).I would appreciate
any reference to publications about the benchmarks,as well as
comments on the benchmarks' strong points AND shortcomings.

.-
Best Regards,
Manolis Marazakis .