ACCOUNT-RESTORE from D3/NT to D3/AIX

Post by Sta » Wed, 30 Jul 2003 06:02:57

Haven't been using Pick/D3 it quite some time so....

I have a D3/NT system where all the files are not in the VME but in
the FSI.  When I take an ACCOUNT-SAVE to a psuedo floppy from NT and
then try to restore it onto the AIX I get errors because the restore
is try to create NT files.

Does anyone know of an option which will work?  It wouldn't happen to
be the good ole' (c option would it?  Could it be that simple?  I was
just reviewing the D3 manual but didn't see any reference to this type
of function.

Help :-(

ACCOUNT-RESTORE from D3/NT to D3/AIX

Post by Bill » Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:14:36

Stan:

On the D3NT box try:

     :FILE-SAVE (A

This will create a save in a non-fsi compatible mode.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Quote:> Haven't been using Pick/D3 it quite some time so....

> I have a D3/NT system where all the files are not in the VME but in
> the FSI.  When I take an ACCOUNT-SAVE to a psuedo floppy from NT and
> then try to restore it onto the AIX I get errors because the restore
> is try to create NT files.

> Does anyone know of an option which will work?  It wouldn't happen to
> be the good ole' (c option would it?  Could it be that simple?  I was
> just reviewing the D3 manual but didn't see any reference to this type
> of function.

> Help :-(

1. D3/AIX Account Restore from D3/NT

I am having difficulty restoring an account from a D3/NT pseudo-floppy save
that was FTP'd to an AIX machine.  I can attach to the file but when I begin
the account-restore I get a number of missing file errors.  I have found the
that in the MDS an entry is created with a Super-Q-pointer to FSI:.... for the
account name.  Is there an option for the account-restore or the account-save
command that will make them compatible?  Any help?  TIA.

Todd

2. TRANSACTION IS COMMITED ANYWAY

3. D3 Nt to D3 Unix account-restore

4. Please Help!!!

5. Restore d3/NT fsi account on D3/SCO

6. Creating the Ultimate D3 4GL!

7. Account Restore Problems - D3/AIX

8. Using Openlink ODBC with OpenIngres 1.2 on Digital Alpha OpenVMS system.

9. restore from D3NT:FSI account to D3:AIX

10. Moving data from D3 AIX to D3 NT

11. D3/NT Verses D3/AIX

12. Writing D3 AIX using OSFI to D3 NT problem

13. D3/Linux Restore from D3/NT