E-mailing Layouts - HELP!

Post by Ali Campbel » Sat, 16 May 1998 04:00:00

Can anyone help??

I have set up a mail-merge letter as one of my layouts in Filemaker Pro.
What I would ideally like to do is to merge the information required in to
the letter and then email to all intended.

Question:  How do I mail the layout as an attachment and not the whole
filemaker file??

Any hot ideas out there?? I would be really grateful for any advice.

Cheers

Ali Campbell

E-mailing Layouts - HELP!

Post by Jon Schlatte » Thu, 21 May 1998 04:00:00

Ali,

What version of FM are you using? Version 4.0 has a "mailto" script
capability built directly into it. You can select the necessary fields to
email a single record or all records of a found set. You will be limited in
the number of fields you can select, but you can setup your fields
accordingly. I have just discovered this item myself within the past two
weeks so I am not extremely well versed as of yet. Please let me know if it
works for you.
--
Jon Schlatter

Wisest is he who knows he does not know.
- Old Eastern Saying

>Can anyone help??

>I have set up a mail-merge letter as one of my layouts in Filemaker Pro.
>What I would ideally like to do is to merge the information required in to
>the letter and then email to all intended.

>Question:  How do I mail the layout as an attachment and not the whole
>filemaker file??

>Any hot ideas out there?? I would be really grateful for any advice.

>Cheers

>Ali Campbell

1. Emailing to a mailing list

I'm looking for a way to email a single message to multiple recipients on a
mailing list. The way that I have come up with so far is a script that goes
to a record, sends a message, goes to the next record, and so on. But with
upwards of 2,000 members on a list (and growing), that seems rather
impractical.

There must be a better way that I'm not seeing. Is there?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion,

Ty Morton

2. ParadoxCommunity.com Article Discussions

3. Layout or DB fields in Mail Label

4. without a cursor

5. Viewing 2 layouts at once and imporing layouts

6. Help: Documenting databases made in Paradox 5.0

7. layout to layout buttons

8. Excel Pivottable limitation

9. Go Layout via layout number from field

10. Newbie Layout ? - Tab Layouts

11. Help with DbiRegenIndex(es)

12. Help for Emailing reports in D2K

13. help with emailing Pdoxwin reports