arev word processor

Post by rsprinkl » Thu, 11 May 1995 04:00:00

        Is there a word processor that fits into AREV?  Simple functions
are needed but more elaborate solutions are acceptable.
Thanks

arev word processor

Post by Bob Woodwa » Sat, 13 May 1995 04:00:00

>    Is there a word processor that fits into AREV?  Simple functions
>are needed but more elaborate solutions are acceptable.
>Thanks

There are a couple of options that you can check into.  First is
contact a company that has a word processor system that is listed as
running in REV (does not mention AREV) to see if their product will
work for you.  Product name is listed as "R/Writer" from:

    OSR Systems, Inc
    P.O. Box 16609
    West Palm Beach, FL 33416
    (407) 798-2213

They also have "R/Spell" that does mention compatibility with REV and
AREV.

Second option is to use "WP/Connection" to use Word Perfect as a word
processor.  This one I've seen work and it is a slick setup.  Makes
form letters a SNAP!  Information on this one is through:

    Chesapeake Computing Inc.
    8401 Corporate Drive, Suite 560
    Landover, MD 20785
    (301) 459-7376

This information comes from the "Software Application Directory", 1991
edition.  I know both of these companies are still in business, but I'm
not sure of how accurate the address and phone numbers are.  Directory
Information should be able to help if it is outdated, or you might be
able to get more current information directly from Revelation
Technologies from their Customer Service line at 800-262-4747.  The
"SAD" is published by RTI and I know there are a couple of later
version around.  I think you can still buy it from RTI for about $10
US.

Hope this helps.

arev word processor

Post by Thomas F. Harki » Tue, 16 May 1995 04:00:00

:       Is there a word processor that fits into AREV?  Simple functions
: are needed but more elaborate solutions are acceptable.
: Thanks

Six or seven years ago, OSR Systems offered a program called R/Writer,
which they described as a "fully integrated word processing tool" for
Revelation and AREV. The address back then was P.O. Box 16609,
West Palm Beach, FL 33416   Phone: (407) 798-2213.

Tom Harkins
Duke University Archives

1. Arev 3.1 Does anyone know if compound selects are available in Arev 3.1

I have run into a problem with Advanced Revelation 3.1. Example:

: SELECT DBFILE WITH SOME_DATE AFTER "1/1/95" AND WITH STATUS "A"

The problem is that the AND portion of the select statement is completely
ignored. I have resorted to successive select statements for AND
conditions, but
still have no solution for OR conditions. Please Help!!!

2. How to get the interface between the pb and SQL server?

3. Word Processor

4. Database Backup

5. character (word processor)

6. Q: oracle 8.0.5 fails to start in private network ?

7. Word Processor with Database Applet

8. Sharing printers with UNIX

9. WORD PROCESSOR

10. Word Processor for VB 3.0

11. VB3 Word/Text Processor

12. free trial offer - informix word processor with all source

13. 4gl word processor