Unable to run this program in DOS mode

Post by Dan Peters » Thu, 07 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>I created a executable in VFP and then installed it on a machine that
>doesn't have VFP.  The VFP300.esl file has been installed on the machine.
>When I goto run the program, a DOS window comes up and says that I can't
>run this program in DOS mode.  I have been able to run this program on
>another that doesn't have VFP installed on it.  Does any body know what I
>missing from this machine that can't run this program?

>Thanks,
>brownbom

Sounds like you are missing MS-Windows! The VFP300.esl only provides Visual
FoxPro runtime -- you still must have Windows itself, or a Windows runtime...

--
                        ******************
                       *  Dan Petersen  *

     Defend the Second Amendment, and it will protect all others!

You can get my PGP Public Key from the public key server
at http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html

Key ID:  5FC93A81       Size: 512 bits       Date:  1996/02/15
Fingerprint:  57 D8 9A CB D7 A5 66 A8  7F 12 2D 63 24 D2 F0 C8

1. Unable to run Paradox 4.0 for DOS from DOS

I'm running Paradox 4.0 for DOS.

If I run this program from Windows the program runs as expected.

However if I try to run this program from DOS, I get the folowing
error message and the program returns me to the DOS prompt.

The error message read:

"Unexpected condiction:  GP 0000 AT PARADOX:28:12d7 -- Leaving Paradox"

This is only happening on one of about 150 computers that I work with.

Would anyone have an idea as to what is happening.

2. Inserting Data in form Uppercase

3. PRO*C 1.5.9 programs for MS-DOS in real mode

4. Trainning books

5. How to run Btrieve in DOS protected mode of SCO Unix

6. async I/O not able to start

7. Program that runs in admin mode

8. 7.2 talking to 8.2

9. Program runs only in debug mode

10. Q: unable to run OAS sample program.

11. run a dos program

12. Running a DOS program as a Shell (PkUnzip) from VB

13. Can't run DOS programs