Revised Survey

Post by Dan Tra » Sat, 19 Apr 1997 04:00:00

If interested in this data quality study, please fill out this form and

Industry worked in: ________________________

When answering these questions, please think about the internal data
such as sales, production, financial, and employee data that you work
with or use to make decisions in your job. Use the following scale.

        Extremely important     Important   Not important
        1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9

How important is it to you that your data are:

__ accepted as true, real, and credible?
__ beneficial and provide advantages from their use?
__ applicable and helpful for the task at hand?
__ correct, reliable, and certified free of error?
__ in appropriate language and units?
__ clear without ambiguity and easily comprehended?
__ available or easily retrievable?
__ unbiased and impartial?
__ timely?
__ of sufficient breadth and depth for the task at hand?
__ well documented and verifiable to a source?
__ trusted or highly regarded in terms of their source?
__ always presented in the same format?
__ cost effective to collect?
__ easily managed and manipulated?
__ available from different places?
__ compactly represented?
__ kept secure?
__ available in appropriate amount?
__ expandable and adaptable to other needs?
Thank you for participating in this study.

Revised Survey

Post by Michael Ka » Wed, 23 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> How important is it to you that your data are:

> __ accepted as true, real, and credible?
> __ beneficial and provide advantages from their use?

Sorry, but I can't resist saying that this all reminds me of those
ghastly reporters interviewing surivivors from a plane crash and asking
them "just how bad do you feel about it", presumably on a scale from 1
(not very bad at all really) to 10 (sick as a parrot).
Seriously, is this real science? I can't see how you can gauge anything
from the result other than some psychological data about the way people
react to different words in your questions.
Mike Kay

1. Revised Survey

[...]

2. Input data in a grid and validate before commiting to database?

3. Multi-user access to data

4. Asset/Inventory Databases

5. PARADOX 4.0...returning WorkSpace as we found it

6. formatfile in bcp(revised from yesterday)

7. Revised String Distance function

8. Revised embarassing but necessary newbie question(query speed)