Pick DEVELOPMENT cannot run well in WINDOWS NT - need HELP URGENTLY

Pick DEVELOPMENT cannot run well in WINDOWS NT - need HELP URGENTLY

Post by celim9 » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi Dear all pick professional :)

I need help where i am working in SOFTWARE house.
Our developed system is running at LINUX, AIX, UNIX, and NT Platform.
Seem we have problem in VME when our systems are run/develop in WINDOWS
NT platform.

I am not sure whether any of u did encountered this problem before???

1) Why our PICK systems which is running at WINDOWS NT
environment ALWAYS giving VME problem ?

How often?
Maybe after 2-4 months, then the PICYS system VME giving problem,
where

a) It cannot recognised all our programs,
We need to COMPILE-CATALOG it, or GENT it.

b) When we pop up the DATABASE, we cannot see it..

c) For development, we dare not develop the systems in WINDOWS NT
environment, as after 1-2 months then we need to reinstall it again.

d) If WINDOWS NT is set the timing for auto shutdown, and caused
our SYSTEMS (Accounting systems ) which is developed using PICK, and
MAGICSOFT is not proprely shutdown, and
end up we are having the VME problem again.

e) In MAGICSOFT, we set the MULTIVALUE Data entry felt, after the VME
problem,
it changed all MULTIVALUE fields to MANDATORY FIELD,
when it cannot move down using the cursor,
but it only can move down when press TAB !!

Please help me in this as soon as possible.
Sorry, as i don't know who are able to help me in this !

Regards, ce

1. JDBC in Windows Xp! HELP NEEDED URGENTLY

Hi!

I am new to JDBC and so having problems setting up JDBC correctly on my
machine. I have Windows XP Pro OS, Java SDK version 1.3.1_01 and Oracle
8.1.7 for Windows NT and I want to write Java applications to connect to
oracle databases.

I don't know how to set up JDBC for Oracle on Windows XP machine. I tried
different approaches but i always ended up with an error message as below...

"C:\Employee.java:17: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class OracleDriver
location: package driver
DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());

^
1 error"

From whatever I have read i believe that it's got something to do with
classes12.zip file which is in my C:\orant\ora8i\jdbc\lib folder on my hard
drive.

Can someone please provide me with a step-by-step instruction on how to set
up JDBC correctly and show me what exactly I am supposed to do in Windows XP
Pro to set up the environment variable values and whatever else is required
to use the Thin drivers from Oracle. I have visited Oracle's site and Sun's
website to find answers but they mention nothing about setting up JDBC on a
Windows XP machine!!

thanks a lot in advance...

samir

2. DB2 Windows VS MS SQL Server

3. --Urgently Need a Copy of PICK BASIC--

4. Is it possible to get Access to trigger an event when records are updated?

5. Run time development: dBase for windows or Paradox 5.0 for windows

6. Seeking Records in TQuery

7. WA-Bellevue-88806--Software Development-Software Testing-Windows 95-Windows NT-N

8. Help - urgent - trancount error 266.

9. NC-RTP-75716--Software Development-Client/Server-C-C++-Windows NT-Windows 95-UNI