FAQ List: Putting together a list of Tools

FAQ List: Putting together a list of Tools

Post by Troy Tinn » Fri, 08 Apr 1994 18:46:42

I would like to put together a list of database access tools (for the
benefit of all in this news group) preferably those which access an
Informix or Oracle Database from a UNIX box and load directly into a PC
application such as Lotus, Excel or a PC Database.For those of you
that have experience with one of these products, send an email to

and include the following: the name of the product, a short description
of its functions, platforms available and accessable to (or at least
what you're using) and most importantly, your likes and dislikes about
the product. I will bundle them together and post them to this news
group (as soon as I've received enough to justify a list or next week ..
whichever comes first.)

I would prefer to hear from end users and not sales people (unless
you're willing to send me a demo copy so I can do my own analysis
of the product).

Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.

Database Administrator          Tel:   011-816-586-3937
Osaka Cellular Support Center   Fax:   011-816-586-3962
Nippon Motorola Ltd.            The opinions expressed here
Osaka Japan                     are mine! Shareware Fee: $5

1. Putting Together A User List!

First of all, here you go --
Name: Michael Carnell
Company: Roper Health Systems, Inc.
Work Phone Number: (803)724-7120

Web Address: http://clever.net/dbd/olap/
Products Used: Oracle, VB, Access, Informix, ex-Pilot Lightship
Level of Involvement: Project Management and Development
Months/Years Experience in OLAP: 1 year +

On another note, I would be glad to post this list, or individual submissions
to me, on my OLAP, DSS & EIS web page.  This could be a great spot for
individuals looking for advice, contacts, jobs, employees, consultants, etc...

BTW, the page is at http://clever.net/dbd/olap/index.html

If you want me to link your name, web page, or email address off the page,
please let me know.

--
Michael Carnell, Computer Systems Engineer & LEGO Maniac
Charleston, SC 29417-1994   -   http://clever.net/dbd/cmc

2. Problems with backup/restore between SQLServer versions?

3. SQL Srvr FAQ, discussion list, SMS discussion list, online books (all free)

4. how do I work with passwords?

5. SQL discussion list and FAQ, SMS discussion list, online articles, online books (free)

6. ADO VB Documentation

7. SQL Srvr FAQ, discussion list, SMS discussion list, online books (all free)

8. Here: SQL Server FAQ, SQL List Server (discussion list) and online books

9. SQL Server FAQ, SMS discussion List, SQL Server Discussion List

10. DataGrid and drop list : how to marry them together

11. List of CASE tools and Reporting tools