D3 for Paradox and Interbase

Post by Cleber Vieira Baptis » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 07:25:15

Hello,

How to access data of Paradox and Interbase with Pick Basic without
using Exel, MS-Acess etc...?

User D3/NT 7.3

Thank you,

Cleber.

D3 for Paradox and Interbase

Post by Tony Gravagn » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 11:21:18

1) Use the OpenDB product from RD.
2) Use Pick Data Provider .NET to create a connection between the
environments.  I can write a demo for this if I have more information
on your requirements.  (I have Interbase and have been doing looking
into this area too.)

Tony

Quote:>Hello,

Post by Cleber Vieira Baptis » Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:14:43

> 1) Use the OpenDB product from RD.
> 2) Use Pick Data Provider .NET to create a connection between the
> environments.  I can write a demo for this if I have more information
> on your requirements.  (I have Interbase and have been doing looking
> into this area too.)

> Tony

> >Hello,

> >How to access data of Paradox and Interbase with Pick Basic without
> >using Exel, MS-Acess etc...?

> >User D3/NT 7.3

> >Thank you,

> >Cleber.

Thank you,

I will try to use OpenDB.

Cleber,

1. Help -- Interbase Performance moving from paradox --> Interbase

I have an application written that maintains a binary tree structure in a
paradox table. Each node in the tree has a nodeID, leftNode, RightNode and
Parent node.

I use a couple of recursive functions to navigate the tree. The functions
make use of the TTable's findKey method to move up and down the branches of
the tree.

I am starting to capture a lot of data in the database. I have constructed
the same table structure in Interbase and set up the functions to run on
the Interbase database. I imported the paradox data to the Interbase
database.

An identical call to the same routien on the same data takes approx 2
seconds to execute under the paradox table but 16 seconds to execute under
Interbase..

I am new to Interbase... Can anyone give me any pointers??

Thanks
Guy Vandenberg

please e-mail response (remove * from e-mail address)

2. MS Access97 + ODBC2.04 locks btrieve tables on Insert or Create Table queries

3. Paradox 5 vs. Paradox 7 in D3

4. Business Rules Extraction

5. D3 C/S & INTERBASE: Locks

6. populate combo box using query result

7. D3 - Storing Jpeg images in Interbase

8. AP/SCO Inhibit Break Key

9. D3 and InterBase UDP

10. Q: D3-InterBase performance breaks down on some clients

11. Could someone veryify this -- memory leakage with TStoredProc (D3, Interbase)

12. D3 7.0 to D3 7.1 Incompatibility problem with c functions on D3/Linux

13. Direсеrtly sending E-mail From D3 (D3/NT ior D3/Linux)