OpenRoad and Oracle question

Post by Ken Fra » Wed, 21 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Has anyone out there tried using OpenRoad with Oracle as the back-end
database?  I've heard that 'C' procedures can't share the same database
session as the calling w4gl frame.  Seems pretty ridiculous to me -- is
it true?

Please follow-up to the newsgroup -- mail has been a bit unreliable lately.

Thanks!

--

Control Software, Inc.    "These opinions are my own - don't blame my employer"

Post by George G. Merri » Wed, 21 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>Has anyone out there tried using OpenRoad with Oracle as the back-end
>database?  I've heard that 'C' procedures can't share the same database
>session as the calling w4gl frame.  Seems pretty ridiculous to me -- is
>it true?
>Please follow-up to the newsgroup -- mail has been a bit unreliable lately.
>Thanks!
>--

>Control Software, Inc.    "These opinions are my own - don't blame my employer"

Hi, we have had extensive experience with OpenROAD in non-Ingres
environments, porting to Oracle and SQL-Server with Sybase on the way.

Please contact Jim Eberle at Merritt, Mitcham & Associates, Inc.,
(404)843-9308.  If you have  a few questions of a general nature or
even a couple of specific topics, Jim can put you in touch with one of
our Associates working on the project.

George Merritt
Merritt, Mitcham & Associates, Inc.
(404) 843-9308
"My opinions are, well, MINE."

OpenRoad and Oracle question

Post by Paresh Parbho » Fri, 23 Feb 1996 04:00:00

If anyone has done this please let me know aswell.

Thanks
Paresh Parbhoo
Torque Management Systems (NZ).