Simple VFP 5 debug/trace question

Post by Ira Gladnic » Wed, 19 Nov 1997 04:00:00

In the Options/Debug tab, I have de-selected (unchecked) "Trace between
breakpoints", and have also set "Trace between breakpoints" to 0.0.

However, whenever I set breakpoints and execute, the code runs like
molasses.  Rather than near-instantly moving from breakpoint to
breakpoint, as in FP 2.x, I sit and watch (and watch...) as code gets
traced through in the trace window.

Whazzup??

Simple VFP 5 debug/trace question

Post by Joshua D. Weis » Thu, 20 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Just close the trace window. It will open by itself (I think) when you hit
a breakpoint.
--
Josh Weiss
Boston Microcomputer Consulting

http://emporium.turnpike.net/~bmc

Quote:> In the Options/Debug tab, I have de-selected (unchecked) "Trace between
> breakpoints", and have also set "Trace between breakpoints" to 0.0.

> However, whenever I set breakpoints and execute, the code runs like
> molasses.  Rather than near-instantly moving from breakpoint to
> breakpoint, as in FP 2.x, I sit and watch (and watch...) as code gets
> traced through in the trace window.

1. Can you debug trace VFP 5.0 Form code?

Hello, I am trying to get a Fox 2.6 application running in VFP 5.0 (with
little luck) and keep receiving a 'fields' phrase not found error (1130)
immediately after the Form appears.  I can not find any reference to
possible unknown fields and have only a few Valid events for the
standard buttons (Next, Prior, Browse, etc...)

Is there any way to trace the Form code as it builds the form?
In 2.6 you could through the trace window as long as you generated the
..spr file.  Correct me if I'm wrong (I HOPE I am), but you can no longer
generate this code in 5.0

--
Chemical Engineer                    ______________
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute     \______     _ \     Go Flyers!!!

                                     \______/  \___/

 ...Too many hands on my time,
    Too many feelings,
    Too many things on my mind...

                     --Neil Peart, RUSH

On the Web...http://www.rpi.edu/~jaconb/wulfsden.html

2. Triggers

3. VFP 7, Error cause a debug window in VFP, how to switch to a seperate window

4. help! xpsqlbot.dll - what is it?

5. SQL7, SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE question

6. DataCombo in DataRepeater

7. Simple Question for MSSQL and VFP

8. Access vs Paradox

9. Simple question in VFP 3.0

10. Simple VFP grid question

11. Really Simple VFP Question (But Not For Me)

12. VFP - some simple question

13. simple vfp question about commnects