Windows 4GL HELP! (Please.)

Post by Jeff Kirv » Thu, 12 Jan 1995 00:41:08

Is there any way to get Ingres 4GL for Windows to relinquish memory
when it's done using it? We are running into _major_ resource shortages
grinding our mission-critical client-server system to a halt.

Basically, when 4GL allocates memory from Windows, it never gives it back,
so that memory is gone until Windows is exited and restarted. Is this fixable?

Please reply post or email posthaste. Thank you very much.

Disclaimer: I do _not_ speak for the United States Air Force...

1. please revive project 4GL++, using 4gl for Windows and New Era

Can you stop posting Mime.

I'm not entirely sure the Informix 4GL people have given up the fight
yet, but I have no specific inside info to back that feeling up.

Or even "losing".

So as a matter of interest and debate, what's wrong with the attempts
made so far by the likes of 4Js and Querix?

Cheers,
--
Mark.

+----------------------------------------------------------+-----------+

| Mydas Solutions Ltd            http://MydasSolutions.com |/////  / //|
|                      +-----------------------------------+////  / ///|
|                      |We value your comments, which have |///  / ////|
|                      |been recorded and automatically    |//  / /////|
|                      |emailed back to us for our records.|/  ////////|
+----------------------+-----------------------------------+-----------+

2. Help - Database is NOT accessible..marked SUSPECT by recovery!!!

3. please revive project 4GL++, using 4gl for Windows and New Er

4. Subquery Help

5. please Help-changed from mixed windows authentication tho windows only locked out

6. Reset Primary Key

7. COMBO BOX, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP!

8. ICX call from PLSQL

9. HELP with 4GL windows

10. HELP With 4GL for Windows

11. Help: Error -837 on 4GL for Windows, IBM Thinkpad 750

12. HELP: Porting INGRES/Windows 4GL (UNIX)3 to WinNT