How to SendUserEvent to 'brother' frame ???

How to SendUserEvent to 'brother' frame ???

Post by Mike Schilli » Sat, 22 Jul 1995 04:00:00

: >
: |> hi all,
: |>         one question,
: |>         if i am to keep a list of all openframe in an array like
: |>         suggested above, can someone please tell me, how much memory
: |>         i am putting aside for each frameexec object.
: Check Chapter 4 of the Language Reference Manual - objects are accessed
: through reference variables, thus the global array of FrameExec's is
: actually an array of FrameExec reference variables not of the FrameExec
: objects themselves.  Storage therefore should not be an issue.

Of course, you need to be careful to remove the FrameExec from the
array when the frame exits; otherwise you're keeping the FrameExec and
everything it points to in memory unecessarily (by having a reference to it);
this *is* expensive.

Mike

1. How to SendUserEvent to 'brother' frame ???

How can I set the value of a FrameExec object that corresponds to a frame
that is already executing (not the parent or child of the current frame)
for the purpose of doing a SendUserEvent to that frame? I can use CurFrame
or ParentFrame variables for the current and parent frames, and can access
a child frame via openframe, but can't figure out how to do it for
other frames ????

--
/==========================\
|Bill Rowland              |

\==========================/

2. Vertical Filters Without Upgrading to SQL Server 2000

3. Accessing data from a 'brother' file

4. v7.1b4 bad performance

5. SQL for 'My brother's brother'

6. Crystal Reports Question

7. Brother's Keeper and btrieve?

8. UTL_SMTP Error

10. SQL for "My brother's brother"

11. Frame doesn't appear.

12. Can't get secondary index in table frame to work

13. Ok, here's a doozy for ya- Calculating Time based on Frame Rate